This is a sneak preview of Amidio’s iHoloPhone – an unreleased new performance music instrument for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad.
Amidio Inc is a group of mobile music enthusiasts, founded by Toyo Bunko and Vlad Conan. We hire other people on a per-project basis, and always looking for other talented people that might join in at some point.
We’re into developing of music programs since 2005. First, we were making custom VST synths, also experimenting with different gadgets and robots. We started developing for the iPhone in early spring of 2008, when one of us got an iPhone (jailbroken) and thought: “Hell, this could become a nice little synth!”
We are a very open company. At the bottom of the index page there’s a full list of ways how you can reach us, no matter what issue/question/wish/dream you have. Or you can use the contact form, if you like.
8BitWeapon has announced a new Apple II Digital Music Synthesizer:
The DMS is the only wavetable synthesizer for the Apple //e, IIc, and IIc+ computers that is suitable for performance use.
It supports up to 8 voices, which can be selected from the 10 on disk, and played (monophonically) from the Apple II keyboard. It can be used to “record” a performance for later playback as well. Also, the DMS doesn’t require a monitor! Just turn on your Apple II and when the drive light goes off. Then hit the space bar you’re ready to play live!
Sounds on disk are: Acoustic Piano, Vibraphone, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Bass, Trumpet, Clarinet, square wave, sawtooth wave, sine wave, and (for Bud Melvin)… Banjo!
Requirements: A2.DMS requires an Apple //e, IIc, IIc+, or IIgs computer with 80-column capability, at least one 5.25” floppy disk drive. Monitor is optional.
Apple has introduced the iPad, a revolutionary device for browsing the web, reading and sending email, enjoying photos, watching videos, playing games, reading e-books, and much more.
Its high-resolution Multi-Touch display lets you interact with content — including 12 innovative new apps designed especially for iPad and almost all of the 140,000 apps available on the App Store.
At just 0.5 inches thick and 1.5 pounds, iPad is thinner and lighter than any laptop or notebook.
iPad will be available in March (Wi-Fi models, 3G models will be shipping in April) starting at $499 USD.
As stated by Apple:
The tools of the trade. Now on tour.
The latest releases of Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio are loaded with tools designed to make video production and music creation easier and more intuitive than ever. Join us as Apple product experts dive deep into the groundbreaking new features of each software suite.
Meet the new Final Cut Studio.
With an expanded ProRes family, powerful new ways to collaborate, and even tighter integration between applications, the new Final Cut Studio is the ultimate post-production suite, allowing you to edit, animate, mix, grade, and deliver like never before. The Final Cut Studio session covers:
- Final Cut Pro 7 — Do more, and do it faster, with new versions of ProRes, time-saving interface improvements, and easy collaboration tools.
- Motion 4 — See how easy it is to add excitement to your motion graphics with dynamic 3D shadows, reflections, and depth-of-field effects, as well as new text tools and animations.
- Soundtrack Pro 3 — Learn how to repair common audio problems in a few clicks, and work faster than ever using the new, streamlined navigation tools.
- Final Cut workflow — Follow a project through post-production with the new Final Cut Studio and the new Final Cut Server. Edit in Final Cut Pro 7, add motion graphics with Motion 4, repair damaged audio using Soundtrack Pro 3, grade in Color 1.5, deliver with Compressor 3.5 — and manage your entire workflow with Final Cut Server 1.5.
Learn the ins and outs of the new Logic Studio.
The new Logic Studio includes over 200 new features that let you write, record, edit, mix, and perform your music. It also comes with the largest collection of software instruments, effect plug-ins, and Apple Loops ever packed into a single box. The Logic Studio session covers:
- Logic Pro 9 — Explore everything you need to make great music even better with the most advanced creation and production tools in the industry.
- MainStage 2 — Learn how to perform live with the same sounds, instruments, and effects you use in the studio, and see why your Mac is the best live rig you’ll ever have.
- Amp Designer and Pedalboard — Get an in-depth look at the huge collection of guitar gear these new plug-ins deliver, and see how easy it is to re-create realistic versions of the most iconic guitar tones.
Pro Studio World Tour 2009
Cities and Dates
|Amsterdam||September 12||Reserve Seat|
|London||September 15||Reserve Seat|
|Berlin||September 17||Reserve Seat|
|Los Angeles||September 23||Reserve Seat|
|New York City||September 29||Reserve Seat|
|Chicago||October 8||Reserve Seat|
|Sydney||October 28||Coming Soon.|
|Beijing||November 3||Coming Soon.|
|Tokyo||November 6||Coming Soon.|
A complete re-recording of the Apple corporate song (sans cheesy 80s lyrics). The keyboard featured is a Clavia Nord Lead 3. The original track appears heavily based on ‘What a Feeling’ from the musical Flashdance, with similar instrumentation, melody and singing style – Apple obviously wanted to reference or parody this.
audioMIDI.com and VirSyn have announced iSyn, a virtual music studio for the iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Touch keyboard for live playing.
- Eight drum pads- tap for live beats.
- Two synth and one drum grid sequencer track.
- Two fully-programmable three-oscillator virtual analog synths.
- 32 song projects, each with 32 independent patterns.
- Incredible modulation effects using tilt and X/Y touch screen.
- Eight sample-playback drum machines- including 808, 909, synth drums and classic 80’s drum machines.
- Effects generator with delay, chorus, flanger and phaser.
Pressing the “Live” button with track 1 or 2 selected lets you play the iSyn keyboard in real time. Transpose the keyboard range up and down with the arrows above the keyboard. Dragging your finger after notes are played lets you add slides and vibrato; dragging up and down adds mod parameters for extra expression!
DRUM PAD PAGE
Press the “Live” button while the “D” (drum)
track is selected and bang on the eight drum pads all day!
Tap and drag to insert notes on the grid. The piano keyboard can be swiped up and down to transpose the note range.
Press the “Pattern” button to select from 32 user-programmable patterns. Each project contains its own separate set of 32 patterns. Use the “AUTO” button to automatically play patterns one after the other and create entire songs!
SOUND SELECT PAGE
Choose from 32 user-editable preset sounds.
Here you can choose a complete song to work on.
A “project” consists of sound settings for synth tracks 1 and 2,
drum track settings, effects setting and 32 patterns.
SYNTH EDIT PAGE
iSyn features two powerful virtual analog synthesizers with the same sound quality and editability of computer-based virtual instruments! Simply tap each “building block” to access in-depth editing parameters.
You might have missed out on the new user interface which I have come to enjoy
SIDPLAY is a Commodore 64 music player. It emulates the sound chip and other internals of the Commodore 64 home computer to play back music that was originally written on it. The sound chip of the C64 is called the “Sound Interface Device” or SID, and therefore this music is known as SID music. The SID chip is basically a three voice synthesizer on a chip. The unusual combination of digital and analogue circuitry is the reason for its distinctive sound.
SIDPLAY strives to offer the best possible SID music experience on any platform. It has been designed with the High Voltage SID Collection (HVSC) in mind. This collection is the biggest and most complete collection of SID music on the Internet. It can be obtained for free from http://hvsc.c64.org/.
… I came across this intriguing and inspiring site.
Some years ago I had quite a nice Kraftwerk refill that I lost in transfer between laptops
and searching through the old sources I soon realized that refill was nowhere to be found, but to my great surpirise I came acroos the original author again and actually managed to download some of those refills again and being such a nice person I of course would like to share it with all of you guys
Take a look at this Kraftwerk/Apple/Widgets/VST multimedia artist and enjoy…