Video details below:
http://www.pointblankonline.net/ In the next 3 episodes in our ‘Making Music with Apps’ series Danny J Lewis shows you how you can put together professional sounding tracks on the move. In this tutorial he starts off with the beatmaking using Native Instrument’s iMaschine.
This approach is all about making the most of the unique qualities of each app and recording the results into Ableton as audio clips. The advantage is that you are committing the sound that you have made to audio so there is no temptation to endlessly fiddle with the synth parameters or the intricacies of the midi patterns and you can get on with the task of arranging the parts to make that banging tune that your 8 bar loop had promised!
Go to: http://www.pointblankonline.net/courses/ableton-live-courses.php to find out how you can learn more about using Ableton Live as a recording tool. Please get in touch with our course advisors at email@example.com if you want to find out more.
welcome to my house/mobile studio! just giving her a test jam out! hope you enjoy! Everything played live and fully improvised, no sequencing or loops were used.
FL Studio Mobile – http://www.image-line.com/documents/flstudiomobile.html
A demo of the new features and functions in the mobile version of FL Studio
A concert DJ’d using a BlackBerry PlayBook app named Pacemaker. Incredible power from a great little tablet paired with an awesome app.
Audio Evolution Mobile for Android has been released! Multi-track audio with non-linear editing, mixing, real-time effects and much more is now available for your Android phone or tablet. Use as a stand-alone app or in combination with AE5 for Windows/OSX!
This first release includes
- Multitrack audio playback
- Audio recording (while playing back other tracks)
- Import of wav, aiff, flac, Ogg/Vorbis audio files
- Import of mp3 (requires an optional download due to patents on mp3 if applicable to your country)
- Mastering to stereo file
- Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 4-band EQ, 3 insert effects and output bus selection
- Unlimited number of tracks (*)
- Unlimited number of groups (*)
- Real-time effects include: chorus, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, bandpass, highpass, lowpass, flanger, noisegate and tremolo (*)
- Non-linear non-destructive editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, range editing
- Unlimited undo/redo for editing facilities
- Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
- Repeat samples with several options to create loops
- Add markers and quickly jump to them
- Load/Save projects including loading projects from Audio Evolution 5 projects
- Buffer size preferences
(*) = depending on the speed of your hardware
Planned for next releases
- Automation of most parameters
- MIDI sequencing
- Upload to SoundCloud
- Your ideas are welcome!
- Android 2.2 or higher
- 800×480 screen resolution (both phones and tablets are supported if the resolution requirement is met)
Graphic & Digital Design
Brief: Design an app for a next generation smart phone.
Concept: A mobile version of the well known music composition software from ‘Reason’ by Propellerhead.
Here’s a teaser from Image Line
Jamie Lidell performs an iMaschine exclusive version of “A Little Bit More” from the album Multiply (2005, Warp) while relaxing in bed.
Here’s a another video by Jamie:
Here lies the second music video from Jamie’s recently released album Compass.
Directed by Lindsey Rome.
This tutorial explains how to record short one-shot samples to the pads,
and how to record a longer vocal loop using the built-in audio recorder
This tutorial explains the basics of working with iMaschine, including
navigation within the app, loading sounds, adjusting the tempo, and
programming a simple beat.
More info about iMaschine: http://www.native-instruments.com/imaschine
Mobile includes everything from evolving soundscapes and fat bases to lush pads and pulsing arpeggios, and is available for free from the iTunes App store. This is the iOS version of Camel Audio’s award-winning Mac/PC Alchemy synth – the leading sample manipulation synthesizer which can be heard on thousands of records and films by world-class artists. With the Pro Upgrade, you can remotely control Alchemy or the free Alchemy Player on your desktop computer. This is the first iPhone App to offer a dedicated touch remote feature for a desktop synth! Easy one touch access to the remix pad and preset selection means you’ll spend more time getting inspired and less time reaching for your mouse.
Alchemy Mobile Free features
- Remix pad to morph between sound variations and create your own sound.
- 16 performance controls so you can easily tweak sounds to fit your music.
- Most powerful iOS synthesis engine with VA, sampler, granular and additive resynthesis.
- External MIDI keyboard support.
- Loop player with 25 drum loops included.
- Copy and paste support for easy integration with sequencers.
- iPad native version included.
- Built in keyboard with scalable keys.
- One touch major and minor chords.
- 25 sounds with 25 more free when you register.
- Add on sound libraries available as in-app purchases.
Alchemy Mobile Pro features
- Remote control of Alchemy or free Alchemy Player on your desktop computer.
- Free download of Mobile version (if available) of desktop sound libraries you own.
- 125 sounds.
- 50 loops.
Alchemy Mobile Free is now available for iPhone/iPad. The Alchemy Mobile Pro Upgrade is available for iPhone/iPad for $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR / £13.99 GBP. The Pro Upgrade is available as in-app purchase from the free version.