Just a quick run through the features of the new Tyme Sefari Mk2, details below:
I used a sample from the Radiohead song Idioteque to messabout with, hope this gives some people some idea of what can be achieved with this module. Of course this is a mere snapshot of what it can do and the vast amount of CV control possible with this module leads to some exceptionally creative manipulation of samples.
DJ, Producer, engineer and Sample creator Dom Kane takes us on a tour of his studio.
Action Strings is the epic, orchestral sound of blockbuster movies, made simple via immaculately sampled and easily playable phrases. With a truly natural sound, over 14 GB of live-recorded string phrases are ready to add big screen suspense and drama to your movie or game scores — or even spice up your rock, pop and R’n'B tracks.
Sample Collection for BeatMaker 2 by Intua:
32 drum kits with over 400 samples, 64 audio loops, 37 demo pattern
More infos: www.app-sound.com
Developer Music Airport has released a new virtual analog modular synthesizer for iOS, TANSU.
The sounds that were sampled and used for the VCO (Voltage Controlled
Oscillator) come from the actual “TANSU” owned by Hideki Matsutake (Yellow Magic Orchestra, Logic System).
- LOGIC BOX - Sound effects such as Shepard Tone and rhythms from music by LOGIC SYSTEM
- have been made directly into the sound source.
- MUSIC - You can use your iPhones own music library as a sound source. (However,
- certain tracks which are covered under DRM may not be used).
- Microphone function - You can use sounds which have been recorded with microphone.
- Preset function - You can explore the potential of the TANSU Synth from various demo patterns. Moreover, it can be utilized as a tutorial for beginners.
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator), VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter), VCA
- (Voltage Controlled Amplifier), LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator), EG (Envelope
- Enhance the basic functionality of an analog synthesizer. (Various sound
- processing is possible.)
- 2 channel 8 step analog sequencer!
- Connect patch cord to create original sounds
- Three sound sources can be mixed by a three-channel mixer
Note: TANSU has a major downside because of it used of sampled material. The developer notes “Commercial use of the works created by using this application is subject to the copyright clearance from right holders.”
NUGEN Audio has launched ISL, an inter-sample True-Peak limiter that gives complete control over peak levels in audio signals from mono to 5.1. ISL diverges from traditional approaches to limiting by measuring inter-sample peaks and allowing the user to set the true-peak limit, rather than the traditional threshold at which limiting begins. By measuring and correcting for inter-sample levels, ISL protects against distortion that can be introduced when codecs such as mp3 and AAC are applied downstream. Like all NUGEN Audio tools, ISL is intuitive to use and lets audio professionals mix with their ears, leaving ISL to ensure compliance with loudness standards. Designed for the transparent limiting of relatively dynamic high-quality audio, ISL can also be used to hard-limit and reduce dynamic range where required.
Using the standardized true-peak algorithms of ITU-R B.S. 1770 and related standards, ISL is suitable for post-production and broadcast applications. Features include comprehensive dBTP metering, adjustable channel linking, support for audio formats from mono to 5.1, adjustable ballistics, color splits, and peak indicators.
“I recently finished a “Between the Ears” program for BBC Radio 3 using ISL, and I found it completely transparent. I deliberately tried pushing it hard and it just works, even with much more gain reduction than I would normally consider using in this context. The NUGEN Audio ISL True Peak Limiter is now my limiter of choice for all my broadcast work,” said independent post production engineer Mike Thornton.
ISL is part of NUGEN Audio’s new range of innovative and easy-to-use loudness correction tools, which includes VisLM and LM-Correct.
ISL is RTAS, Audiosuite, AU and VST-compatible and available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions for OS X and Windows at $249.
More information about ISL and other NUGEN Audio products is available at www.nugenaudio.com.
Make Noise Phonogene and Echophon manipulating a sample from Kraftwerk’s “Boing Boom Tschak”. Totally insane!
Phonogene output is routed to a doepfer A-119 which extracts the gate signal and then is fed back into the ping input on a 4ms PEG, then those env outs are fed recursively into the phonogene, final out into Echophon then Intellijel Mutamix.
Jordan Passmore demo of the Roland TR-808, Akai MPC-60 and Roland SC-880. SC-880 is playing the rave patches, MPC-60 is loaded full of TR-909 samples and is also sequencing 909/synth, TR-808 is doing 808. All held together by a Garfield Nano Doc Sync/Clock adapter. All sounds are mixed live on an old Studiomaster mixing board; from there they pass through an Electra EQ, then finally into my Native Instruments Kore Audio Interface. The SCC-80 has an analog delay attached to it, which when I’m out of the shot, I’m usually messing with. I also have a Behringer Virtualizer Pro Reverb on an effects send (a bit of the 909 and SC-880 are send to this).
The MPC-60 loaded with 909 samples is pretty hard to beat for completely cutting through a mix. I personally love the 808 so of course I threw that on top as well. The SC-880 is very interesting and totally useful (multitimbral and full of many very usable effects). I found these patches on it and decided to do a short demo from there.
In today’s video tutorial, Mad Zach teaches how to capture any sound from a number of creative sources and use those sounds in a playable Drum Rack or Remix Deck. You’ve probably heard clever samples from famous memes and movies, so today we show you how to get some creative snippets of your own.
Here’s the basic steps that I outlined in the video above, available here for easy reference!
- Download + install the free trial of Audio Hijack Pro (Mac only- Windows users see notes below)
- Under “Quick Record” select “System Audio” for your input
- Create a custom recording format (WAV, 44.1 kHZ, Stereo, 16 bit)
- Press “Hijack” and then “Record”
- Play sound to sample
- Press “Record” again to stop
- Load into Ableton or Traktor
- Rock it!
In this video the Propellerheads will walk you through some of the sound sculpting potential in Radical Piano, a new Rack Extension available for Reason 6.5.
Radical Piano gives you three sampled pianos paired with the technology to make an infinite number of your own. Thanks to its blend between sampling technology and physical modeling, Radical Piano is a lightweight, flexible, and bendable piano instrument that provides sounds for every situation and every song, from ultra-clean to creakingly natural — and beyond.
With Radical Piano you can do things that are otherwise impossible; not only in multi-gigabyte sample libraries but even in the recording of actual acoustic pianos. Do you wish your close mic’d grand piano sounded just a little bit more like a vintage mono upright piano? Use the microphone blend to create a hybrid sound. Route audio, like a vocal, through the jacks on the back of Radical Piano to hear it resonate the strings as if you had recorded piano and vocals together live, in the same room. What if with the turn of a knob you could transform the tonal characteristics of your piano, shifting from a soft intimate performance to a bright aggressive instrument that will cut through your mix? We’ve got that knob and it’s called “Character.”
- Three pianos: Home Grand, Deluxe Grand, and Upright
- Choose a blend of vintage mono, ambience, floor, jazz and close mics
- Go from horror movie soundtrack to sharp cut-through-the-mix piano with the Subdued and Agitated Character settings
- Adjustable velocity response puts you in control of the performance — play quietly or with exaggerated dynamics
- Set the amount of resonance, and key and pedal noises you want for a natural or surgically clean sound
- The built-in EQ, reverb and compressor lets you tweak your sound further to sit perfectly in the mix
- Tons of preset sounds included — Pianos for every situation and every song