TimeFlux, the ultimate time stretching, morphing, and spectral effects processing software.
TimeFlux takes your sound to a whole new level of control and sonic manipulation. Just like time is endless, the possibilities in
TimeFlux are endless as you can Morph between 8 snapshots using our custom Orb controller area. Control TimeFlux with your
mouse, or as an added bonus control it with an optional Leap Motion controller and harness the powers of time in your hand!
You can load up to 4 sounds and up to 4 VSTs in TimeFlux, record your performance and export it as a .WAV file, or record straight into your DAW. Time and space will never be the same!
TimeFlux also contains 3.6Gb of custom made sound design revolving around the theme of time manipulation. All sounds included were carefully crafted by SoundMorph and Ivo Ivonav of Glitchmachines. Both experimental and practical, the included sound design complements the TimeFlux software, and also is quite usable on it’s own.
– Load up to 4 sound files
– Load up to 4 VST plugins within TimeFlux
– 8 snapshot Orb Controller
– Optional Leap Motion controller. Leap Motion sold separately here: https://www.leapmotion.com/
– 2 time stretchers
– 1 morphers
– 4 filters
– Record and Export your performance in wave files
– 3.6Gb TimeFlux sound design soundpack included made by SoundMorph and Ivo Ivanov
– Compatible with Mac and PC (32 bit and 64 bit)
Mastrcode Music tells us that T-Force Phaser is an effects device for adding phase cancellations as a creative effect to your sounds. They say that it results in a sound with a spacey feeling.
- Phase cancellation up to 16 stages – means how many points in the frequency range will be cancelled by a serially connected chain of allpass filters).
- Frequency Range control – determines the center frequency where the stages will be aligned.
- Spread control – controls how far the single stages are apart from each other.
- Feedback amount control – controls how strong the signal will be fed back to the audio input (stronger amounts result in a more metallic sound).
- Depth control – determines how strong the phase cancellation will be added to the original sound.
- BPM syncable LFO with phase offset for modulating the Frequency Range (lets the stages sweep up and down in the frequency spectrum).
- MIDI Learn (by right clicking a control)
- All functions fully automatable
Michael Kingston is now offering his RetroBand effect plug-in for Windows and Mac as freeware.
RetroBand models several interaction aspects of gain stages and transformers. It generates IMD and crossover distortions present especially in Class A/B gain stages. RetroBand also features several forms of transient shaping.
- Digital model of interaction between gain stages and transformers.
- Three flexible distortion models with noise modulation.
- Transient shaping within the distortion models.
- Mid-side stereo image controls.
- Advanced noise modes to imprint effects of noise on signal without the hiss and rumble.
- 64-bit signal path with highly optimised algorithms.
RetroBand is available for Windows and Mac (VST).
Solid State Logic has announced that three new Duende Native plug-ins and migration to iLok 2 copy protection are now available online.
The superior audio quality and deep feature set of the SSL Duende Native plug-in range has earned the respect of a very discerning clientele through the years.
The three new plug-ins complement the existing range with two plug-ins (X-Saturator & X-ValveComp) designed to bring some analogue saturation and distortion emulation to your digital DAW and the third (X-Phase) delivering high precision frequency specific phase correction.
The new plug-ins are available now via the SSL web site. To coincide with the new plug-in release SSL has migrated the entire Duende Native plug-in collection to the iLok 2 copy protection system. SSL has also announced a summer release for AAX native versions of the entire suite.
New Duende plug-ins
- X-Phase is an All-pass Filter plug-in that offers the user manual control and benchmark audio quality. It enables the user to apply a phase shift (sometimes called a phase offset) at a specified frequency within a signal. Unlike other filter types where the gain of selected frequencies is altered, with an All-pass Filter the gain remains unchanged throughout the signal. This is useful for fixing phase problems with microphones when recording: eg overheads causing phase problems when mixed with close mic’s.
- X-Saturator delivers a stunning range of analogue style distortion effects. It is an emulation of an analogue circuit that introduces either 2nd order valve style or 3rd order transistor style distortion or a blend of the two. At low drive settings the distortion is mild and can add gentle warming to help instruments sit nicely in a mix or to add a little extra edge to help instruments cut through a mix. As drive levels are increased so too is the level of distortion until at high drive levels heavy distortion occurs.
- X-ValveComp is a fully-featured mono or stereo channel compressor with a full set of classic channel compressor controls and an added ‘valve’ emulation stage. The valve emulation stage sits after the compressor in the signal path and adds a variable degree of primarily 2nd order harmonic saturation and distortion that thickens and colours the sound. The compressor can be switched between Peak or RMS modes and has a full set of standard controls.
X-Phase is available for purchase for £199 GBP/249 EUR/$329 USD. X-Saturator and X-ValveComp are £69 GBP/89 EUR/$119 USD each, with an introductory price of £49 GBP/59 EUR/$85 USD for the first 30 days only. Prices exclude tax.
Tek’it Audio has announced the release of DlayR, a pattern controlled delay effect plug-in.
DlayR can be used to create delay, stutter and filter effects sync on the beat of your track. Control six parameters on 16 step sequencers, feedback, color, mix, delay length R/L and time.
Mix 3 filter types to color your effect, use the tube saturation and the soft limiter to give it more character.
- 16 steps pattern controlled delay.
- 6 sequence-able parameters, Mix, Feedback, Color, Length L/R and Sync division.
- Sync on the beat of your DAW with selectable speed.
- 3 mixable filter types to color your effect, low-pass, high-pass and band-pass.
- Amp tube saturation and soft limiter.
- Panoramic and output gain controls.
- Randomize and Undo on each sequencer.
- Full MIDI automation support.
- Easy MIDI learn on all parameters.
- Integrated Preset manager, rename, copy, save, load…
- 90 Factory presets.
- Up to 128 user presets per bank.
- Easy installer.
The plug-in is available for Windows (VST) for 29 EUR / $39 USD.
Vengeance Sound has launched Tapestop, a new Vengenace Producer Suite effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Tapestop effect is as old as it is famous, and Vengeance has the deluxe version of this effect for you: VPS Tapestop is your new favourite tool when it comes to all kind of pitch effects.
But stop, it can do a lot more: with the build in sequencer, volume and filter envelopes or the new “tape slip” feature you can create crazy effects, way beyond the classic Tapestop pitch-down.
VPS Tapestop features
- Simulates Pitch-Down and Pitch-Up.
- LP Filter can be added.
- Volume Fades can be added.
- Tape Slip: simulates worn Tapes/Vinyls.
- Stepped or smooth pitch effects.
- internal sequencer.
- 3 independend envelopes for pitch, filter and volume.
- realtime scope.
- 80 presets with pitch, wobble or special fx presets.
- no clicks and 100% sync with your song.
- The tapestop effect duration can be set in note values.
The Tapestop plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) costs 49 EUR. It is currently 20% off in as part of Vengeance’s Easter sale. Use coupon vEaster at checkout.
Glitchmachines has released Scope, a modular sound generator and effects processing plugin, for Mac & Windows, that is geared toward experimental sound design and electronic music production.
Scope’s open-ended graphical patching system and diverse set of modules let you create a custom audio processing environment, capable of a very broad range of effects.
- Fully patchable modular sound generator and signal processor
- Sample library with 1500+ modular SFX in 24bit/96khz .wav
- 26 Modules ranging from Oscillators & Delays to LFOs & Mixers
- Freely configurable module slots and signal flow
- Tactile graphical patching system with virtual patch cables
- Real-time animated audio analyzers and visualizers
- 160 patches from 8 cutting-edge sound designers and artists
- Cross-platform compatibility (PC/Mac – VST/AU 32bit & 64bit)
This is Overview video going over the SCOPE plugin and included modular synthesizer sample library.
This is a basic tutorial video showing how to set up a couple of basic patches in Scope.
We worked with 6 of the best module manufacturers to put together the Eurorack system used to generate all the content. Our goal was to create a functional counterpart to Scope; something you can’t easily achieve with a computer that interacts well with the plugin and gives you a new palette of sounds to work with right out of the box.
Focused on the darker side of modular synthesis, sound designer Ivo Ivanov created a collection of compelling effects that are equally distinctive and indicative of the depth of Eurorack’s prodigious sonic landscape.
This video is showing behind the scenes footage from the making of the modular synthesizer sample library included with Scope.
This video is showing behind the scenes footage from the making of the modular synthesizer sample library included with Scope.
Native Instruments has released Molekular, a modular multi-effects system for the flagship synthesis studio REAKTOR 5 or the free REAKTOR 5 PLAYER.
MOLEKULAR features slots for up to four effect modules and near-limitless routing options for unique effect arrangements. Modules include a pitch and resonator section for transforming percussive sounds into melodic arpeggios. Delay, stutter, and glitch modules allow users to create new rhythmic structures or turn any incoming signal into washed-out soundscapes. Eight modulation effects offer incredible sonic versatility for augmenting tone – from classic modulation effects like flanger and chorus to yet-unheard effects such as a purposefully broken pitch shifter to create unusual new textures. Six dynamic and distortion effects include a 16-stage wave folder and a DSP that tracks a signal’s pitch to control a variable waveform oscillator. MOLEKULAR also comes with essential ‘bread and butter’ effects for additional sonic adjustments and finetuning.
MOLEKULAR features 16 modulation sources, which can be routed to any parameter within the effects system. Modulators include four customizable LFOs and four step sequencers for emphasizing any part of the meter with rhythms from simple eighth notes to odd metric subdivisions. What’s more, MOLEKULAR includes analog modular-inspired trigger sequencers – each with a dedicated envelope and an envelope follower to set accents or add bursts of effects to any production. A logic module adds an irregular, organic feel to the structure of sound sources with any degree of precision or chaos. Frequency-based parameters can be quantized to custom scales and it’s even possible to route one modulator into another producing unusual, constantly evolving modulation structures.
By using the Morphing Field, it is possible to drastically twist the results via the interactive display. Producers can assign a starting point, define four master mutations and easily morph between them in real time – a new and near-limitless approach to performing with effects. The morpher can also be controlled by any of the modulation sources. Though highly advanced technology works under the hood, MOLEKULAR is straightforward to use, and also comes with a multitude of presets of highly inventive effects ready to use as creative starting points.
Molekular is available for $149 USD / 149 EUR / £129 GBP.
Alexey Nadzharov has introduced rrarrow – described as an ‘experimental modular audio effect and noise machine’ for the iPad.
- Simplicity – The interface is simplified for faster assembly and more flexible connectivity – you can assemble your effect very fast and control all the processing parameters with the audio signal!
- Feedback capabilities – You can add feedbacks to the audio chain to get some chaotic noise sounds .
- Twelve blocks for audio processing:
- Sine generator. Basic oscillator with sine waveform
- Signal multiplier
- Frequency shifter
- Envelope follower
- Lorenz attractor
- Special Lowpass filter
- Nonlinear shaper (for self-oscillating circuit)
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information. Works as input and filter.
- Background audio support: enabled when connected to Audiobus and user switchable otherwise.
SoundToys has announced the release of MicroShift, a micro pitch shifter effect plug-in that allows for widening of your sound.
MicroShift makes it wide. Be it vocals, synths, guitars, backing vocals or whatever you choose to run through it, MicroShift uses this classic studio trick to spread out, thicken up, or give a new space to any track you hit with it. Of course, the SoundToys spin takes it beyond the original with the new FOCUS knob that lets you push and widen specific ranges without affecting the rest of the track.
Amazing for adding “shimmer” to a vocal, or “air” to a guitar. Control of the detune amount, delay, and a mix knob let you tweak the effect to fit just right in the track. MicroShift combines the classic sound of the hardware with new advanced features, and an intuitive interface. Simply huge.
MicroShift for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $89 USD. Users of MicroShift Little can upgrade for $49 USD, and MicroShift Little is also included with a purchase of MicroShift before March 4th, 2014.