Voxengo has updated its Voxformer multi-functional vocal channel strip plugin for
Windows and Mac to version 2.7.
The coolest feature of Voxformer is its one-knob vocal compressor. Using only a single knob, you can get a tight, open and definitive professional vocal sound with an excellent articulation in no time. You do not have to worry about common ratio and make-up gain controls since they are automatically selected by the advanced compression algorithm while attack and release parameters are stored in a mode preset.
Changes in Voxformer v2.7
- Native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST support on Mac OS X added.
- Crossover frequency can be now set on the equalizer control
Note that on Mac computers, Soniformer now supports Mac OS X v10.5 and higher only, running on Intel processors. Mac PowerPC support is not available.
Voxformer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for S$69.95 USD.
Singing With Two Voices Using a Gesture-to-Voice Synthesizer
Produced by John Corry, University of British Columbia
Camera: Kevin Doherty
Voice Synth is an innovative synthesizer controlled by voice and keyboard. Available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch in the Apple AppStore at http://itunes.com/apps/voicesynth. All audio samples in this video have been made with Voice Synth on iPad/iPhone, a standard Apple headset and human speech/singing/beatboxing, without additional processing. Two indicated tracks do feature Novation KS4 synthesizer, external microphone, mixer and Apple Garageband.
SIRI plays a YAMAHA Disklavier WIRELESSLY via WIFI & Airplay, complete with moving keys in full expression and moving pedals. Presented by the inventor of SmartKEY for Disklavier, Craig Knudsen.
Take a standard MIDI songfile and convert it to an audio file (while maintaining the MIDI data). The songfile is then sent wirelessly via WiFi to an Apple Airport Express (which is mounted underneath a Yamaha Disklavier reproducing piano. The audio output of the Airport Express is then connected to the analog MIDI inputs of the Disklavier, using a standard audio cable.
Then, you simply ask Siri to play your favorite song from your iTunes library, and Siri responds immediately, by making the Disklavier’s keys and pedal move up and down, recreating the performance, including full orchestration.
The result is nothing short of magical.
Voice Editor Essential is a simple Core MIDI iPad editor application to edit parameters in Yamaha synthesizers.
The editor focuses on detailed editing of insert effects, system effects, arpeggiator and EQ that are frequently modified and can take advantage of the iPad’s large graphic display. In addition to that, you can control parameters like EG or cutoff in real-time by using fader control or XY Pad. Some essential global parameters including tap tempo and volume control are also included.
*Yamaha MOTIF XF offers you WiFi connectivity which enables wireless control.
Compatible model : MOTIF XF
・In effect mode you can select and edit Insert effects, the System effects and the routing and sends and returns for all the effects in a Voice.
・You can edit the MOTIF XF’s Voice EQ and store different EQ setting for each of 50 Templates.
・you can adjust the Mid Bang EQ setting by pinching the band
Continuing the space theme from previous post
The Vader voice changer was something that I’d started years ago but due to my inexperience, I ballsed it up. Now it’s all freshly spanked and fully awesome.
The unit contains 3 Vader samples:
‘What is your bidding, my master?’
and his asthmatic wheeze.
Also there’s the voice changing aspect.
It’s a bit weird, it does a pitch shift down, but not a full octave, with some slight modulation. It’s gritty and dirty and guaranteed to lead you down the path to the Darkside.
The mods are a bit limited. I’ve added a pitch dial for the samples, which when cranked high will result in a some glitching (although it wouldn’t do it for me when I shot the video) and an overdrive dial that affects both the sample and voice effects. There’s also a line in for the changer and a line-out for amplification, the speaker is still intact for on the fly sonic Sith noise terrorism and there’s 3 LEDs for added ambience.
Wave Arts has announced the release of Dialog, an effect plug-in which combines all the processing needed to clean up, adjust, and sweeten recordings of the spoken voice.
It is perfect for voice-over, film/tv recordings on location or sound stage, and broadcast.
Dialog includes brickwall filters, de-hum and de-buzz processing, broadband noise reduction, de-ploding, de-essing, 10-band equalization, compression, and limiting. Separate presets for each section allow you to get results fast.
- 10-band EQ section with 11 different filter types and 64-bit processing.
- Low and high pass brickwall filters with various rolloff slopes.
- Hum and buzz removal.
- Broadband noise reduction.
- De-plode function for plosive or wind rumble attenuation.
- De-ess function for sibilant attenuation.
- Peak limiter.
- Comprehensive metering.
- Master preset manager and preset manager per section.
- Latency compensation.
- Fully automatable.
- Up to 192K support.
- Mono or stereo.
Price: USD 249.95
Visit: Wave Arts
Version 2 beta sound test of my Voice Synth Plus VST plugin. Ready for download soon – stay tuned!
- Stunning new GUI looks more like a vintage instrument
- “pitch set” knob for the pitch shift slider
- “tune” knob like the original, global detuning by +/- 50 cents
- ensemble controls: rate, depth, amount
- power button!
- and a wicked new feature….OSC2 detuning! OSC2 is the source for Male 8′ and string Bass 16′. Instead of OSC2 being restricted to one octave below OSC1, pitch intervals can now be set. You can also make OSC2 be very close to OSC1 tuning, resulting in two voice unison detuned-type sounds. It takes the classic VP-330 sound to a whole new level – you will not believe your ears!
The audio was recorded in Cubase on four tracks w/ no other processing added – ALL VSP-330!
Soft Dodo has announced the release of Voice To Instrument (VTI), a SoundFont utility plug-in by Oded Streigold.
VTI is a VST plugin designed to control Sound Font samples using incoming audio. The audio source could be voice, flute, whistling or any other monophonic instrument.
Voice To Instrument features
- Low latency, could be used for live performances.
- Precise pitch detection including slides.
Voice To Instrument for Windows (VST) is available to download as donationware. The free download is fully functional and non-expiring, but it will display a nag-screen.
Visit: Voice To Instrument
Voice Control is a wireless MIDI controller application for the iPhone that converts the pitch of your voice into signals for controlling MIDI devices networked to your computer.
- Select your vocal range – from bass to soprano (center picker wheel)
- Shift the pitch of converted MIDI signals up or down (right picker wheel)
- Display the note you are currently singing (left picker wheel)
- Sliders let you change the input audio level and the amount of pitch “smoothing”
- Tap “Set Up” to switch to the “Control” screen
- Control the volume and expression in real time using the x-y control pad while you sing
- Rotate the device to pan the sound left to right
The developer does not mention support for any of the available hardware MIDI adapters that are available for iOS devices as of version 1.1.
Voice Control sells for $1.99.