SKYLIFE has announced an updated cross platform version of their premier sampling suite, now available for both Mac OSX and for Windows OS. SampleRobot Pro and Multi-X are now upated to version 4.25 with optimized cross-platform support for Mac OS X and Windows 7. Furthermore an updated operation manual is included.
About SampleRobot 4:
With SampleRobot 4 Pro you can easily do automatic sampling of acoustic and electronic instruments. It does not matter what you would like to sample: orchestral instruments, choir, organs, electric guitars, ethnic percussion, adlips, sound scapes, noises, MIDI gear, virtual instruments, alpenhorns or whatever, SampleRobot makes your sampling as fast and as satisfying as possible. SampleRobot samples all sound nuances automatically and creates high-end sampled instruments in various formats. Seamless integrated WaveRobot software finds perfect loop points even for whole multi-samples with different velocity layers during recording. It was never easier to build professional-sounding software instruments.
Benefits of SampleRobot:
* Feed your compositions with inspiring samples from the world outside your studio
Create digital copies of your favorite instruments and sounds;
* Borrow instruments and keep a virtual copy (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements of course);
* Build and sell/share your own sample libraries;
* Have all your sound hardware on your hard disk and travel with your laptop;
* Buy used gear and resell it after automatic sampling;
* Use all your software instruments cross-platform
* Work in other studios or on stage without carrying additional sound expanders;
* Play monophonic instruments polyphonically;
* Total recall for every session.
SampleRobot Multi-X is available as download alternatively with and without WaveRobot.
Learn more at: http://www.samplerobot.com/
Thursday morning freebee stuff – Saw Wave synth, details below:
Samsara Cycle Audio has released the Saw Wave SynthesizerVSTi.
- 4 Pitch controls with selectable ‘feet’ switch in the range of 32′ 16′ 8′ 4′ 2′
- Filter Section: Cutoff Resonance with individual level controls
- Filter Pass Mix Section: Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Q settings
- Mono / Poly Selector
- Filter and AMP section LFO Level Control
- AMP and Filter Envelope Sections: Attack, Decay, Release, Sustain and Amount
- LFO Section – Selectable Host Sync Function
- Flanger effect: Speed, Phase, Feedback and Depth Controls
- Pitch Control
- Output Level Control
- Midi Learn
Pricing and Availability:
Meesha has released a free modular synth for Windows, Datmatriks:
Damatriks is a “classic” modular synthesizer system VST plugin, inspired by the modular analog synths. With many different modules in place, endless creativity is guaranteed. These modules can be patched using a CV (control voltage) matrix module, creating complex CV patches.
- vco type 1 (2)
- vco type 2
- vco link (sync/Xmod)
- mixer (with noise gen)
- envelope type 1 (2)
- vca type 1
- filter type 1
- filter type 2
- clock (with multiplier)
- lfo type 1
- lfo type 2
- cv mixer
- cv matrix 9->14
It’s a free download at the Meesha site.
Syncersoft has announced the release of its Resonator free effect plug-in for Windows.
Resonator is resonance and morph effect designed to deliver the clear, penetrating sounds favoured by live musicians. It’s ideal for use in trance, dance, techno, dubstep, electronica, drum n bass, big beat, dub, reggae and all other styles.
LFO modulation sections was designed specialy for Dubstep genre but can be used in other styles too of course.
The plug-in is a free download for Windows (VST). Note that the installer of this plug-in includes optional toolbars. A personal licensed version without toolbars is available at a donation of $10 USD.
Distorque has released Vitamin C, a free emulation of an Orange Squeezer guitar compressor. It has added controls for tweaking or for completely reshaping the compression.
Vitamin C is not a studio compressor, it has the quirks and imperfections of the original Orange Squeezer that gave it its unique character.
The Orange Squeezer is a guitar compressor that was released in the 1970s as part of the Dan Armstrong effect line. It has been used prominently by artists like Mark Knopfler and Jeff Baxter for its smooth squish and sustain.
- Switchable 2x oversampling.
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Stereo and Mono operation.
- Bass and Treble EQ.
- Dry blend control.
- Additional compressor controls: Attack, Release, Threshold, and Ratio.
Vitamin C is free and is available for 32- and 64-bit Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
Minimal System Instruments has released Punch Evolved, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
The original Punch compressor is one of Minimal System Instruments most popular and respected plugins. Punch is an up-to-date version of one of the all time classic analogue compression and limiting processors, the 1176AE.
The new Punch Evolved plugin takes this highly respected processor even further with a completely redesigned engine and the addition of new sound shaping features such as Mid/Side processing, EQ, and Gate sections.
Punch Evolved features
- Ultra-fast attack time.
- Unique Analogue Modelled characteristics.
- FET Gain Reduction Emulation.
- Input & Output Gain Adjustment Knobs with adjustable Attack and Release Settings.
- An array of ratio’s including 2:1, 4:1, and 8:1 perfect for compression duties – but there is also the 20:1 ratio designed for full limiting applications.
- Mid/Side Processing.
- Gate with controls for Threshold, Attack, and Release.
- EQ with controls for Low/Mid/High.
- Custom Output Transformer Emulation design.
- Full automation capabilities.
- Flexible VU metering options.
- LED Visual Feedback.
- Professionally designed GUI.
- Fantastic Presets produced by Movie Iga and Kendal Osborne.
- Based on the 1176AE Limiting Amplifier Compressor.
- Fantastic on drums!
The Punch Evolved plug-in for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP.
Tonebytes lets us know that Lo-Fizer is a free VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed to add some nice lo-fi effects to your recordings for a variety of artistic techniques.
There are a total of 10 lo-fi devices which are decorated in a rack units:
- Vinyl – produces vinyl cracks and pops
- Hum – produces adjustable low frequency hum
- Hiss – produces warm adjustable high frequency hiss
- Monoizer – stereo to mono converter
- Speaker Sim – simple preset based speaker simulator
- Lo-Bit – bit-crasher simulator
- Crusher – resampler simulator
- Vowel – simple vowel filter
- GLS – vocal remover that uses mid-side technique
You can combine up to 4 devices in the rack. With just a few clicks you can select a combination of effects and create the desired sound.
The built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Lo-Fizer users.
In addition, VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
Pricing and Availability:
ToneBytes has introduced Lo-Fizer, a free lo-fi effect plug-in for Windows.
Lo-Fizer is a free VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed to add some nice lo-fi effects to your recordings for a variety of artistic techniques.
- 10 lo-fi devices which are decorated in a rack units:
- Vinyl – produces vinyl cracks and pops.
- Hum – produces adjustable low frequency hum.
- Hiss – produces warm adjustable high frequency hiss.
- Monoizer – stereo to mono converter.
- Speaker Sim – simple preset based speaker simulator.
- Lo-Bit – bit-crasher simulator.
- Crusher – resampler simulator.
- Vowel – simple vowel filter.
- GLS – vocal remover that uses mid-side technique.
- Combine up to 4 devices in the rack.
- Built-in preset manager.
- VST automation and full MIDI learning.
The Lo-Fizer plug-in is available to download as a freeware (ad-supported) VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Homegrown Sounds has announced Mesh, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
The idea behind Mesh was to create a Virtual Analogue mono synth in the style of the Minimoog with the addition of 5 Tempo based LFOs for exploring rhythmic potential. In comparison to previous Homegrown Synths, Mesh is very simple using 3 Oscillators and a Sub Oscillator to shape the sound, a single oversampled Low Pass Moog style filter, and 3 Envelopes. The LFOs can modulate most parameters, and there are several quantized pitch destinations to enable complex one finger sequences to be constructed. Add to this a compact effects section comprising of a Modulator, a Delay and SoundScaper and Finally an Arpeggiator which all adds up to a simple lightweight sonic playground.
The Oscillators provide the usual suspect waveforms such as Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle and Square, but also add a large selection of Digital Waveforms to expand it’s sonic capabilities. The filter can be oversampled up to 8 times which improves the quality of the sound as well as providing a different character for each of the modes.
Although Mesh is designed as a non velocity based Mono Synth, it can be used as a Polyphonic instrument, and velocity can also be enabled. There are also a set of modulation parameters for assigning Velocity, Aftertouch, Mod Wheel and Pitch to a wide selection of destinations.
Mesh for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $20 USD for a limited time (regular $40 USD).
Vintage Double Phaser VST by Softrave
Softrave says that their new Vintage Double Phaser VST plug-in for Windows provides a classic phase shift effect and some extended possibilities. They tell us that you can create phase shift effect on left and right channel separately for a strange unique sound. This plug-in was apparently inspired by The Worm guitar pedal by Electro-Harmonix.
Vintage Double Phaser Vst is providing classical phase shift effect and some extended possibilities. You can create phase shift effect on left and right channel separately that makes strange unique sound. Or just enjoy classic phaser sound. Its good for guitars, pads, drums and percussion lines. This plugin was inspired by The Worm guitar pedal by Electroharmonix.
Price is 11 EU – 15 USD
Music in this demo is some stems from the album of the band Green Dragonfly
taken by permission of band members