Syncersoft has announced the release of its Resonator free effect plug-in for Windows.
Resonator is resonance and morph effect designed to deliver the clear, penetrating sounds favoured by live musicians. It’s ideal for use in trance, dance, techno, dubstep, electronica, drum n bass, big beat, dub, reggae and all other styles.
LFO modulation sections was designed specialy for Dubstep genre but can be used in other styles too of course.
The plug-in is a free download for Windows (VST). Note that the installer of this plug-in includes optional toolbars. A personal licensed version without toolbars is available at a donation of $10 USD.
Distorque has released Vitamin C, a free emulation of an Orange Squeezer guitar compressor. It has added controls for tweaking or for completely reshaping the compression.
Vitamin C is not a studio compressor, it has the quirks and imperfections of the original Orange Squeezer that gave it its unique character.
The Orange Squeezer is a guitar compressor that was released in the 1970s as part of the Dan Armstrong effect line. It has been used prominently by artists like Mark Knopfler and Jeff Baxter for its smooth squish and sustain.
- Switchable 2x oversampling.
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Stereo and Mono operation.
- Bass and Treble EQ.
- Dry blend control.
- Additional compressor controls: Attack, Release, Threshold, and Ratio.
Vitamin C is free and is available for 32- and 64-bit Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
Minimal System Instruments has released Punch Evolved, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
The original Punch compressor is one of Minimal System Instruments most popular and respected plugins. Punch is an up-to-date version of one of the all time classic analogue compression and limiting processors, the 1176AE.
The new Punch Evolved plugin takes this highly respected processor even further with a completely redesigned engine and the addition of new sound shaping features such as Mid/Side processing, EQ, and Gate sections.
Punch Evolved features
- Ultra-fast attack time.
- Unique Analogue Modelled characteristics.
- FET Gain Reduction Emulation.
- Input & Output Gain Adjustment Knobs with adjustable Attack and Release Settings.
- An array of ratio’s including 2:1, 4:1, and 8:1 perfect for compression duties – but there is also the 20:1 ratio designed for full limiting applications.
- Mid/Side Processing.
- Gate with controls for Threshold, Attack, and Release.
- EQ with controls for Low/Mid/High.
- Custom Output Transformer Emulation design.
- Full automation capabilities.
- Flexible VU metering options.
- LED Visual Feedback.
- Professionally designed GUI.
- Fantastic Presets produced by Movie Iga and Kendal Osborne.
- Based on the 1176AE Limiting Amplifier Compressor.
- Fantastic on drums!
The Punch Evolved plug-in for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP.
Tonebytes lets us know that Lo-Fizer is a free VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed to add some nice lo-fi effects to your recordings for a variety of artistic techniques.
There are a total of 10 lo-fi devices which are decorated in a rack units:
- Vinyl – produces vinyl cracks and pops
- Hum – produces adjustable low frequency hum
- Hiss – produces warm adjustable high frequency hiss
- Monoizer – stereo to mono converter
- Speaker Sim – simple preset based speaker simulator
- Lo-Bit – bit-crasher simulator
- Crusher – resampler simulator
- Vowel – simple vowel filter
- GLS – vocal remover that uses mid-side technique
You can combine up to 4 devices in the rack. With just a few clicks you can select a combination of effects and create the desired sound.
The built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Lo-Fizer users.
In addition, VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
Pricing and Availability:
ToneBytes has introduced Lo-Fizer, a free lo-fi effect plug-in for Windows.
Lo-Fizer is a free VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed to add some nice lo-fi effects to your recordings for a variety of artistic techniques.
- 10 lo-fi devices which are decorated in a rack units:
- Vinyl – produces vinyl cracks and pops.
- Hum – produces adjustable low frequency hum.
- Hiss – produces warm adjustable high frequency hiss.
- Monoizer – stereo to mono converter.
- Speaker Sim – simple preset based speaker simulator.
- Lo-Bit – bit-crasher simulator.
- Crusher – resampler simulator.
- Vowel – simple vowel filter.
- GLS – vocal remover that uses mid-side technique.
- Combine up to 4 devices in the rack.
- Built-in preset manager.
- VST automation and full MIDI learning.
The Lo-Fizer plug-in is available to download as a freeware (ad-supported) VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Homegrown Sounds has announced Mesh, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
The idea behind Mesh was to create a Virtual Analogue mono synth in the style of the Minimoog with the addition of 5 Tempo based LFOs for exploring rhythmic potential. In comparison to previous Homegrown Synths, Mesh is very simple using 3 Oscillators and a Sub Oscillator to shape the sound, a single oversampled Low Pass Moog style filter, and 3 Envelopes. The LFOs can modulate most parameters, and there are several quantized pitch destinations to enable complex one finger sequences to be constructed. Add to this a compact effects section comprising of a Modulator, a Delay and SoundScaper and Finally an Arpeggiator which all adds up to a simple lightweight sonic playground.
The Oscillators provide the usual suspect waveforms such as Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle and Square, but also add a large selection of Digital Waveforms to expand it’s sonic capabilities. The filter can be oversampled up to 8 times which improves the quality of the sound as well as providing a different character for each of the modes.
Although Mesh is designed as a non velocity based Mono Synth, it can be used as a Polyphonic instrument, and velocity can also be enabled. There are also a set of modulation parameters for assigning Velocity, Aftertouch, Mod Wheel and Pitch to a wide selection of destinations.
Mesh for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $20 USD for a limited time (regular $40 USD).
Vintage Double Phaser VST by Softrave
Softrave says that their new Vintage Double Phaser VST plug-in for Windows provides a classic phase shift effect and some extended possibilities. They tell us that you can create phase shift effect on left and right channel separately for a strange unique sound. This plug-in was apparently inspired by The Worm guitar pedal by Electro-Harmonix.
Vintage Double Phaser Vst is providing classical phase shift effect and some extended possibilities. You can create phase shift effect on left and right channel separately that makes strange unique sound. Or just enjoy classic phaser sound. Its good for guitars, pads, drums and percussion lines. This plugin was inspired by The Worm guitar pedal by Electroharmonix.
Price is 11 EU – 15 USD
Music in this demo is some stems from the album of the band Green Dragonfly
taken by permission of band members
Pekka Kauppila has released MauSynth, a free polyphonic synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
MauSynth is a polyphonic analog-modeling substractive synthesizer VST plugin by Pekka Kauppila. You can create all sorts of awesome sounds with it.
- Band-limited oscillators.
- Zero-delay feedback filter.
- Audio-rate modulation.
- 32 voice polyphony.
- Stereo unison.
- Friendly user interface.
MauSynth for Windows (VST) is available to download as donationware.
SyncerSoft has announced the release of its Lizard Morph freeware effect plugin for Windows.
Lizard Morph is detune and morph effect designed to deliver the powerful, penetrating sounds favoured by trance musicians. It’s ideal for use in trance, dance, techno, dubstep, electronica, drum n bass, big beat, dub, reggae and all other styles.
LFO modulation sections was designed specialy for Dubstep genre but can be used in other styles too of course. The plug-in contains: Main section. Filter section. LFO section. Morph section.
The plug-in is available to download as a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
Contralogic has released an updated version of Pterosaur, a free synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Pterosaur is a 16 oscillator synth. It’s loosely inspired by the classic Supersaw sound of the Roland JP-8000 in that the output of each oscillator can be independently detuned and panned, creating a very rich sound.
The basic waveform produced by the oscillators is a sawtooth wave which can be morphed into a sort of saw/pulse hybrid with the mod control.
Changes in Pterosaur
- Polyphonic mode added.
- More LFO shapes.
- 3 additional oscillator waveforms (sine, triangle and square), all of which can be morphed in the same way as the sawtooth wave in the original version.
Pterosaur for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost.