Roland Reveals New Performance Keyboard V-Combo VR-09 features piano, organ, and synth engines
Travel-ready, affordable, and outfitted with top-level Roland sounds, the V-Combo VR-09 is the ideal all-in-one solution for performing keyboard players. Dedicated piano, organ, and synth sound engines—organized in three intuitive blocks on the front panel—provide all the essential tones you need, right under your fingertips. The powerful real-time controls give you maximum expression on stage, with nine sliders for tone shaping and a large array of knobs and buttons for tweaking the seven simultaneous effects and various parameters. Other great features include an onboard looper, a drum section stocked with a library of rhythms for practice and jamming, and more. With its versatile sound selection, inspiring operation, and smart user interface, the V-Combo VR-09 is a dream come true for gigging musicians.
- Professional keyboard with instant-access operation for performing musicians
- Light and mobile; battery or AC power
- Pro-quality acoustic and electric pianos, including grand piano with 88-note stereo multi-sampling
- SuperNATURAL-powered Virtual Tone Wheel organ with nine harmonic bars, plus newly developed transistor-type ‘60s organ tone
- Wide range of synth tones, from vintage classics to modern essentials
- Seven simultaneous effects with dedicated real-time controls
- Looper and built-in rhythm patterns; WAV/MP3/SMF song playback via optional USB memory
- Free VR-09 Editor app available for iPad
Travel-ready, affordable, and outfitted with top-level Roland sounds, the V-Combo VR-09 is the ideal all-in-one solution for performing keyboard players. Dedicated piano, organ, and synth sound engines—organized in three intuitive blocks on the front panel—provide all the essential tones you need, right under your fingertips. The powerful real-time controls give you maximum expression on stage, with nine sliders for tone shaping and a large array of knobs and buttons for tweaking the seven simultaneous effects and various parameters. Other great features include an onboard looper, a drum section stocked with a library of rhythms for practice and jamming, and more. With its versatile sound selection, inspiring operation, and smart user interface, the V-Combo VR-09 is a dream come true for gigging musicians
Professional keyboard with instant-access operation for performing musicians
Light and mobile; battery or AC power
Pro-quality acoustic and electric pianos, including grand piano with 88-note stereo multi-sampling
SuperNATURAL-powered Virtual Tone Wheel organ with nine harmonic bars, plus newly developed transistor-type ‘60s organ tone
Wide range of synth tones, from vintage classics to modern essentials
Seven simultaneous effects with dedicated real-time controls
Looper and built-in rhythm patterns; WAV/MP3/SMF song playback via optional USB memory
Free VR-09 Editor app available for iPad
Intuitive Operation for Expressive Stage Performance
The V-Combo VR-09 was designed from the ground up with the needs of live players in mind. An intuitive front-panel layout and clear LCD screen offers quick access to Roland’s top piano, organ, and synth sound engines, along with plenty of real-time controls for expressive tone manipulation. Seven simultaneous effects include rotary, delay, reverb, tone, overdrive, compressor, and customizable MFX, with dedicated knobs that tweak multiple parameters with a single twist for powerful sound shaping with minimal effort. The smart interface makes it simple to set up splits and layers on the fly, and to save all your keyboard settings in user memory locations for instant recall on stage.
Pro Acoustic and Electric Pianos
Piano is a cornerstone sound for live playing, and the V-Combo VR-09 is filled with a wide selection for covering all musical styles. The gorgeous acoustic grand piano features 88-note stereo multi-sampling, delivering pro-level tone that rivals Roland’s dedicated stage pianos. Many popular vintage E. Piano sounds are onboard as well, along with complimentary effects such as vintage phaser and tremolo. The compressor—accessible via a dedicated, easy-to-reach knob—transparently boosts the level of the piano sounds, ensuring that your playing always cuts through when performing in loud bands.
Roland’s renowned SuperNATURAL technology powers the V-Combo VR-09’s classic tonewheel organs, while nine harmonic bars provide authentic real-time performance control. A newly developed transistor-type organ is also included, offering the unique sound of combo instruments from the 1960s. The 61-note keyboard has an extremely fast response, perfect for essential organ techniques such as trill, sputter, glissando, and percussive hits. Rotary speaker and amp simulators reproduce the characteristics of vintage organ speaker cabinets and overdriven tube circuits with astounding realism, while a new “Twin Rotary” option delivers a deep, aggressive effect never before heard.
Vintage and Modern Synth Tones
The V-Combo VR-09 is packed with a ton of ready-to-play synthesizer sounds, from vintage analog classics like JUNO strings and ‘80s synth brass to textured, modern-era digital tones and beyond. Front-panel controllers allow you to tweak the synth tones intuitively in real time, including convenient ADR and cutoff/resonance adjustment with the harmonic bars in the ORGAN block. Onboard effects like “Bit Crash” provide the ability to create modern synth voices for current dance music, including dubstep
VR-09 Editor for iPad
The free VR-09 Editor app for iPad gives you powerful, intuitive control of the organ and synth sound engines via your tablet’s full-color touchscreen interface. Quickly edit organ sounds and customize vintage tonewheel characteristics such as leakage, click noise, and rotary speed, and easily access synth sounds to build custom tones and layers. After tweaking sounds at home, you can take your iPad to the gig and use the app for extra real-time control on stage. Convenient, cable-free communication between the V-Combo VR-09 and iPad is simple to set up with Roland Wireless Connect. Alternately, you can link up with a USB cable via Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit.
01. (00:00 – ) Overview
02. (01:33 – ) Piano Ballad
03. (02:09 – ) E.Piano with 80s Pop Music
04. (03:30 – ) Piano and Pad Split (Dual), Write Registration
05. (04:40 – ) Funky Groove with Clav
06. (05:48 – ) Dance Music with Tweaks
07. (07:02 – ) Dance Track by Looper
08. (08:53 – ) Rock Organ and Progressive Rock Organ
09. (10:47 – ) Jazz Organ
10. (11:48 – ) Transistor Organ with 60sPop Music
11. (12:28 – ) VR-09 Editor (Organ mode)
12. (13:14 – ) VR-09 Editor (Synth mode)
Performed by Keiki Uto, Japan
Second to talk was musician Diego Stocco who turns the world around him into musical instruments. He opened his talk by asking the audience to imagine the waves in the ocean and how the shapes the water makes can be turned into “living frequencies” that can be used to create music. He also demonstrated Bassoforte, an instrument made out of a bass guitar and a piano.
Thinks took a turn for the weird when he showed how to make music from the different sounds of a tree. “So I tuned a tree…” he said, which he did through a series of interactions such as knocking on the bark and shaking the branches.” Other projects include making tunes from kitchen items and a dry cleaner. He concluded: “I want to live in a future with more music that will surprise me.”
Additional information can be found via the links below:
Don’t forget the FLaunchpad competition – http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?entry_id=1355190084&title=wi…
Live performance featuring Kebu in action with his machines:
This is the second tune I made for my debut album, “To Jupiter and Back”, released in May by Secret Entertainment: http://www.inverse.fi/store/?p=en.levyt.item.html&pid=17004
This video was recorded live at Kulttuuritehdas Korjaamo, Helsinki, 30th of November 2012. Many thanks to Lauri Kujanpää and Pertti Grönholm for working the cameras.
The song was performed using only analog synthesizers, either played live or sequenced. Equipment used in this song: Korg Micro-preset M500, Poly-61, Polysix; Logan String Melody; Touched by Sound DRM1, Roland TR-808, Juno 60, Alpha Juno 1 & 2; Moog Source; Electro Harmonix Small Stone; Yamaha RS7000 (only for MIDI sequencing); Behringer DDX3216, ADA8000; Lexicon MPX500; Steinberg Midex 8 (as midi patchbay).
Unfortunately, the audio recording from the concert failed – it was recorded only in boring mono. But fortunately, I recorded my general rehearsal a few days before the gig, so the main audio you hear is from that.
Cameras: Canon HF100 & HF M406 x 2
Filmed at gHouse, London: Super talented artist, Pauli “The PSM” performs a fresh composition with sounds from the OP-1′s extensive sound banks and graphics captured from the OP-1′s OLED display.
Director: Rohan Blair-Mangat
D.O.P: Benjamin Thomas
Soundtrack: Pauli “The PSM” http://psmthepsm.com
Right before Christmas a new and extremely rare electronic music album has hit the shelves.
It is a secret group on Facebook called Electronically Yours that has released an album featuring classic 70′s songs and remixed to fit an electronic audience of the 21st century. And it is not an anonymous bunch of musicians on this album – among the secret members you will find Joakim Montelius (Covenant) under his alter ego Tectonic Knights, Eddie Bengtsson with PAGE, Diskodiktator, compute and Steelberry Clones, to name but a few.
Now you can watch them live – this is Electronically Yours as they made their first performance at ElectriXmas in Malmoe, Sweden on December 15th 2012.
On stage in the video: PAGE, independent state, compute and yours truly Steelberry Clones
More info here:
KORG has uploaded a series of videos featuring their arranger keyboard PA600, the first one featured above, details below:
The Pa600 is an affordable, compact, and powerful addition to Korg’s internationally acclaimed PA series. Providing you with the most up-to-date collection of quality sound and styles combined, the PA600 is a perfect songwriting and performance partner. It even has the option to include custom sound and performance sets (sold separately) from around the world – a true first!
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) sound engine offers improved realism and vivid sound.
- Massive internal Factory PCM provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering amazingly high quality sounds.
- Two assignable switches and a four-way joystick ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC).
- Two versions of Pa600 are available: International and Quarter Tone button variations. Both feature an elegantly designed and compact cabinet, including a pristine amplification system.
- Large, bright, backlit TouchView™ color TFT display (800×480).
- Easy layout and intuitive graphical interface with new Search function for easy retrieval of any musical resource or file.
- New resource selection feature with copy/paste, rename and delete.
- Over 360 factory Styles, each including three Intros/Endings, four variations and four Fill In + Break, plus ten Favorite and three User banks for storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles.
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts, plus synchronized pads.
- Chord Sequencer function that can record any chord progression on-the-fly.
- Improved General Midi set for Standard Midi Files, compatibility with popular lyric formats including graphical (+G), plus Text Viewer, Marker and Score.
- MP3 player with Transpose and Tempo Change.
- 4 Stereo Master Effects (125 FX algorithms).
- Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, karaoke, and MP3, with instant recall of any song setting and user-definable custom lists.
- Localized Pa600 and Pa600QT data (sold separately) provides Sounds and Styles relevant to specific countries and regions.
- Includes accessory DVD with USB-MIDI drivers, video manual, and additional Style content, including the complete “Real Drums” and “Turkish/Arabic World” collections
The Pa600 is a brilliant Professional Arranger that distills the sonic essence and functionality of the Pa series into a compact and affordable new instrument. Like its big brothers – the Pa800 and the Pa3X – the Pa600 uses our RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) technology to deliver sound quality that’s unprecedented in an arranger keyboard. With its new compact cabinet, large TFT color TouchView display, enormous factory and user PCM memory, huge style database and excellent amplification system, Korg has raised the standard of excellence in the entry-level price range. Listen and Believe.
Background video description:
Jamming away on the moog-rig – The minimoog, the Prodigy and the mighty Polymoog 203A synthesizer. Additional bassline-programming courtesy of Doepfer Dark Time.