Xen-Arts has introduced IVOR – a two-oscillator subtractive synthesizer that features full-controller MIDI Pitch Microtuning using MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard). Any MIDI Note Number can be freely microtuned to any desired pitch across the MIDI range, enabling musicians and composers to explore the expressive possibilities of composing music with alternative intonation systems.
- Oscillator Section
- Two Oscillators with 22 Waveforms
- Microtonal, Harmonic Series and Subharmonic Series Oscillator Transposition
- LFO (with Rate Sequencer) and Envelope Generator for Phase, Pulse-Width and Pitch Modulation
- LFO and Envelope Generator features both Unidirectional and Bidirectional Modulation
- Analog Pitch Drift Emulator with both Unidirectional and Bidirectional Modulation
- Velocity-to-Harmonics Modulation enables oscillators to dynamically sound harmonics of the fundamental pitch
- Ring Modulation with 23 RM Types
- Oscillator and Ring Modulator Mixer
- Filter Section
- Pre-Filter Saturation Stage with 20 Saturation Types
- Two Independent Filters with Six Filter Types: LP4, LP2, HPF, BPF, BRF, APF
- One and Two Stage Filter Cascade
- LFO (with Rate Sequencer) and Envelope Generator for Filter Cutoff Frequency Modulation
- LFO and Envelope Generator enables both Unidirectional and Bidirectional Filter Modulation
- VCA Section
- Dedicated Envelope Generator
- Switchable Velocity Sensitivity and Fixed Volume Control
- Performance Control
- MIDI Pitch Microtuning with MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard)
- MTS Support for both Single Note and Bulk Dump
- Loads MTS Microtuning Format Files Internally and Receives MTS Externally
- Local (Per-Patch) and Global Microtuning (Static Microtuning for All Patches)
- Microtunings can be loaded from any directory on hard drives or storage devices connected to the computer
- Ten Note Polyphonic
- Monophonic Legato Mode
- Polyphonic Portamento with Three Glide Modes
- Microtonal Pitch Bend
- Effects include Warm Filter and Stereo Ensemble
IVOR is available for download as a 32-bit VSTi for Windows XP or higher.
SimSynth Live captures the big multi-oscillator sound of a MiniMoog, and combines it with the warm, fat sound of Oberheim style SVF filters.
The result? Rich strings, wall to wall brass, and fat punchy basses. And we haven’t forgotten techno sounds either. SimSynth Live uses a filter technique that gives the EMPH knob a sound you can crank.
3 oscillators, each with a dual (warm) mode effectively making 6 oscillators
A dual SVF filter that programs like an old Oberheim SEM, (lets you mix lowpass, bandpass, and highpass)
Two discrete envelopes and an LFO.Stereo chorus effect, (in case 6 oscillators aren’t warm enough)
Studio quality alias free rendering
FX Panel with EQ, Reverb, Phaser & Delay
FL Studio & VSTi versions included
FXpansion’s Etch is a versatile filtering effect based on DCAM circuit-modelled technology. Etch’s dual filters let you switch between 4 models for all manner of fat, warm subtractive tone-shaping, with a comb filter type providing mind-bending psychedelic effects.
Additional distortion and compressor stages are provided for beefing up signals, and FXpansion’s TransMod modulation system lets you animate Etch’s circuits over time. Use inter-modulating LFOs, envelopes and more to drive the filter cutoffs, distortion level, compression amount or any other parameters. Etch does amazing things to all kinds of audio material and is great for subtle warming, deep tone sculpting, wild sweeps, special effects and experimental sonics.
Availability & Pricing
Etch is available as a download-only product from the FXpansion web shop!
Pricing is USD $99.00, EUR €79.00, GBP £69.00 inc VAT where applicable
Introductory Offer: Etch is USD $70, EUR €55, GBP £48 inc VAT for all registered owners of Geist, DCAM: Synth Squad, Tremor, BFD2 and BFD Eco (and customers purchasing Etch at the same time any of these products) until 30 April 2012.
A disruptive innovation in software synthesis, nothing else compares to the diversity Sytrus packs. FM, RM & Subtractive synthesis – have it all!
Meticulously crafted, Sytrus delivers ethereal lush pads, sonorous bells, scintillating highs or simply dirty grunge. The 6 user-definable operators can act as independent oscillators for subtractive synthesis, cross-modulate to create complex FM (Frequency Modulation) or RM (Ring Modulation) synthesis or the 256 partial harmonic editor can be used to additively synthesize virtually any timbre you can imagine. With up to 64x oversampling Sytrus delivers 100% epic sound.
Sytrus features 3 independent, chainable, filter units, each containing an array of filters (13 types each with 5 cutoff slope settings) and integrated waveshaper (distortion processor).
The filter units are optionally followed by a Chorus, Delay & Reverb unit. 100% Flexibility.
With over 500 hand-picked presets Sytrus is ready to contribute to any genre immediately upon installation. Sounds cover – Arps, Bass, Bell, Brass, Chromatics, Drum, DX7, Experimental, FX, Guitar, Orchestral, Organ, Pad, Percussion, Piano, Plucked, Sequence, Synth, String, Wind. 100% inspiration.
L-Day Synth has released LPX-S1, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
A new combination of Linear Phase Modulation and Virtual Analog/Subtractive Synthesis.
Midieingang mit Velocity Aftertouch.
In the second installment of my “Synth School” series I’ll be staying on the Subtractor synth but looking at the Filter sections, Amp Envelope, Filter Envelope, and Mod Envelope sections. The masters of synth production are masters of these tools. Something as simple as a Low Pass filter when paired with the right chord progression can lift the entire club crowd into a frenzy. The proper Amp Envelope can bring out the vibe in your song. These are powerful tools to conveying and even evoking strong emotion from what sometimes are rather sterile starting melodies or chords.
As always, I encourage you to play around with them on your own to get a feel for how they behave and interact with each other but today I’ll walk you through each slider and button and show you a little of my own experimentation.
B.Serrano has released Radium on his web site for free download. Radium looks to be a pretty Xen-Arts that offers a combination of subtractive / virtual analog and frequency modulation (FM) synthesizer engines. Features include 16 voices of polyphony. Substractive synthesizer with 2 oscillators. FM synthesizer with 2 operators. Dynamic user definable envelopes. Programmable XY Pad controller. Filter step sequencer. MIDI learn implementation. Auto Pan functions and much more. Download Radium for free at http://bserrano.free.fr/Synt…
This exciting synth delivers FM Synthesis, Phase Distortion Synthesis, Wave Shaping Synthesis and Subtractive Synthesis is one creative combination!
Rob Papen has released version 1.9 of BLUE, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This exciting synth delivers FM Synthesis, Phase Distortion Synthesis, Wave Shaping Synthesis and Subtractive Synthesis is one creative combination! We call it “Crossfusion synthesis”.
Changes in BLUE v1.9
- Different tuning scales – Clicking on the BLUE logo brings up the back panel, where you can load in tuning files. They added a number of world tunings: Arabic / Burmese / Chinese / Indian / Persian / Thai / Turkish / Standard European. Users can add in there own personal tuning files, either by creating their own .tun files or using other .tun files.
- New factory presets – Two new banks are added 19_Effect_04 and 13_Diverse Dance 01. New cool effects and some new contemporary dance sounds.
- New presets by Dr. Tim Waters – Some brilliant sounds are uploaded to the “user presets” section.
BLUE is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for 199 EUR incl. VAT / $239 USD.
Synapse Audio has released a demo version of DUNE, an advanced subtractive software synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Dune is a next-generation software synthesizer plugin designed for creating music on a computer. It was developed with the highest possible audio quality in mind and offers exceptional flexibility. The latter is achieved by its modulation system, the new differential unison engine (DUNE) — hence the name.
Despite the complexity of the synthesizer, the highly optimized code allows Dune to run even on older computers. On current hardware, many instances can be run in parallel, making Dune the perfect everyday studio workhorse. Dune was tested by professional music producers to guarantee its ambitious design goals were met. It comes with high quality sounds, mostly created by professional sound designers.
DUNE will be available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) soon. The demo version is available to download now.
More information: Synapse Audio
I wonder who Sandra is
Being special for low rezo sweeps and drones, delivers also lash polysynth chords in midrange. Ice, whispers, boiling, extruding, sandshifting at your orders.
Pricing and Availability: