A short video demonstration of Delta Modulator VST/AU plugin by Xfer Records.
Xfer Records has released Delta Modulator, a free bitcrusher VST/AU plugin based on a signal modulation technique found in Nintendo NES video game console’s delta modulation channel.
I just threw Delta Modulator together out of mild curiosity of how it sounded compared to traditional sr/bit-reduction.
Using a keyboard tracking external VCO to achieve Tuned Ring Modulation.
The track used in this tutorial for download:
Adam Pietruszko – Chillishit.mp3
A short improvisation featuring processed audio from a really bad Sci-Fi movie, HP and BK sine wave generators, ring modulators, tape echo, various effects, and a dash of reverb.
Playing the Orphion iPad app through a Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator and MF-104Z Analog Delay. Moogerfooger parameters are controlled with the Moog Voyager Touch Surface CV outputs. Learn more at www.experimentalsynth.com
Demonstration using the Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator as an extra “atonal” oscillator for the Moog Voyager
Synthetic Sound Labs has just released its first Euro rack format module, the Model 2260 Modulation Orgy, further expanding its line of 5U format synthesizer modules. This new 16 HP width module contains a unique Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) that offers unmatched modulation flexibility.
Synthetic Sound Labs has been in the analog synthesizer business since 1973, but the 2260 is the first Euro rack module and the sixth in SSL’s continuing line of new analog synthesizer modules.
LFOs are typically used by analog music synthesists in conjunction with other analog sound producing devices for creating slow, undulating rhythms and sound patterns. The SSL 2260 Modulation Orgy features both manual and external voltage control over LFO Tempo (speed), tempo Multiplier, Waveform and Waveform Distortion. A total of eight Waveforms are produced, including Sawtooth, Ramp, Rectangle, Triangle, Sine, Sweep, Lumps and Random. All these (except Random) may be modified using the Wave Distort controls to vary waveform duty cycles. Independent output jacks provide both normal and inverted LFO phases.
2260 ‘Modulation Orgy’ Specifications at a glance:
- Model 2260 Tap Tempo LFO
- Function: Flexible Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO)
- Tempo Adjust: .05 Hz to >50 Hz (approx)
- Tempo Multipliers: Six (0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4; overlapping) – Manual & voltage controlled
- Waveforms: Saw, Ramp, Square, Triangle, Sine, Sweep, Lump and
- Random – Manual and Voltage controlled
- Wave Distortion: 10% to 90% (approx, except Random) – Manual and
- Voltage controlled Inputs
- Tempo CV, Multiplier CV, Waveform CV, Distort CV, Sync, Level CV. 0 to +5V nominal.
- 1/8” Phone jacks. 100k impedance.
- Outputs: Clock (0 to +5 digital), LFO voltage (10V P-P; +/-5V). 1K impedance.
- 1/8” Phone jacks.
- Panel Indicators: LFO Rate – Red LEDs
- Panel: High quality 0.062” aluminum. Durable black Metalphoto finish with
- natural aluminum and copper graphics. Complimentary Brass colored knobs.
- Power: Euro rack standard 16 pin keyed header.
- +5VDC @ 14ma, +15vdc @ 16ma, -15vdc 18ma
- Size: 5.0” H x ~3.25” W x ~1.25” D (16 HP). Skiff ready.
Modulation Orgy Details
A unique feature allows the 2260 to synchronize to precise multiples of the musical beat permitting timed vibratos, tremolos, and clocking of external sequencers and sample & hold type devices. Synchronization is accomplished by manually operating a front panel button, or supplying external clock pulses via the external Sync input. Multiple 2260s may also be cascaded to provide complex polyrhythmic modulation patterns, which is aided by use of the Clock output jack.
The basic LFO Tempo (frequency) is adjustable from approximately 0.05Hz (a 20 second cycle) and 12.8Hz. However, in conjunction with the Multiplier, this range is extended from 0.025Hz (a 40-second cycle) to over 50Hz in six overlapping tempo multiplication factors, ranging from 0.5 (1/2 note) to 4.0 (sixteenth note).
The external Level CV input responds linearly and is normalled internally to +5V so that with no input, the 2260 outputs are at maximum. This convenient input can frequently save a separate VCA when doing voltage controlled modulation depth.
A panel LED displays the LFO output rate. Knobs are conveniently placed for ample room for manual adjustment. Top quality 1/8” jacks permit smooth, effortless patching.
Quality, solder masked, fiberglass-epoxy printed circuit boards and meticulous hand-crafted assembly assure years of trouble-free service.
“Two quad nand mood cube synths.
These two are different from the others as they have CV in/out n’
they’re totally modulating each other. Hurray. Gotta love them nands!”
This episode is all about modulations and in particular the modulation matrix of the Virus TI.
“We show you how to create pulsing pads beyond the omni present pumping pad effect.”
DREAMBOAT DEMO #1–CV/SCALE controls…GATE/Thrshld
Dan from Snazzy FX gave us a look at the Dual Chaotic Oscillator, which is a complex modulation module in Eurorck format.
Kutter is a frequencies cutter effect. Cuts frequencies on the 12 bands easily and synchronizes the effect on the beat with the 16 steps modulation sequencer. It’s key features are that it cuts frequencies easily, on 12 bands from bass to mid range, high mid and treble ranges. There is an on board “Sharp” and “Boost” effect. The effect can be modulated with the 16 step sequencer synced with the BPM of your digital audio workstation. Control the speed of the steps and change the play direction of the sequence. All parameters can easily be assigned to MIDI controllers. You can use the learn parameter by moving the control on your MIDI controller to assign MIDI controllers to the buttons. Users can also randomly generate an effect with a single click and cancel changes on all buttons just as easily.
* 12 bands frequencies cutter
* 16 steps modulation sequencer
* Sequencer play forward or reverse
* Full MIDI automation
* Easy MIDI learn on all parameters
* Use 7-bit MIDI Continuous Controller or High resolution 14-bit MIDI NRPN and RPN
* Phase inverter, Effect bypass, Gain boost
* Works in mono or strereo
* Patch manager, rename, copy, save, load…
* Undo your changes to initial patch value
* Randomize parameters position
* 32 Factory presets
* Up to 128 user presets per bank
* Easy installer
* 1.2GHz CPU or higher with SSE
* 512MB RAM or higher
* Microsoft® Windows® 7, XP (SP2 or later), or Vista™
* VST™ 2 compatible host
Check out Kutter at http://audio.tekit-studio.eu…