Bangarang by Skrillex, remixed on Noisepad. Noisepad, a powerful soundboard, sequencer and live-set DJ app, available for iPad & iPhone. Load your own samples or use the in-app shop, create beats, apply real-time effects, be creative!
Soundbanks: Each bank holds 12 samples Load unlimited samples: Organize, create, (re)name, add and remove soundbanks
Sequencer: The onboard sequencer allows you to program up to 12 patterns on-the-fly, each with their own duration (1 – 99 bars).
Rhythm: Set BPM manually. Tap button for BPM: Set amount of swing (0% 100%)
Import / Export: Export individual patterns (.wav) Share samples/patterns between apps with AudioCopy/Paste
Sample settings: Noisepad offers a number of settings which determine how samples are played. Cut, hold, volume , mute, solo.
Effects panel: Real-time effects such as pitch, delay, cut-off, phase, reverb and bit-crush will bring your noise to life.
Vince Clarke (Erasure, Yazoo, Depeche Mode, …) has remixed “Lazarus Taxon” for the Sheffield/London based act Kidnap Kid. You can hear the Vince Clarke remix (and download it for free). Released via Black Butter Records Kidnap Kid finds himself alongside the top names in the newly emerging UK ‘Future Bass’ scene. Kidnap Kid (aka Matt Relton) was originally picked up by Sheffield imprint Squelch and Clap before signing to Black Butter Records.
After touring Europe as a DJ, releasing his debut “Alphaville” EP on Black Butter, and compiling a run of official remixes for Emeli Sande, The Other Tribe, Jonas Rathman and The Milk, Kidnap Kid is now moving forward, pushed by the public support of such acts/artists as Pet Shop Boys and Vince Clarke.
Stockholm-based pop artist El Perro Del Mar’s forthcoming album Pale Fire is due on November 12 via Memphis Industries. Ahead of that, Saint Etienne have remixed album cut ‘Walk On By’
This is not any official remixes but it sure sounds nice. Out now on the download streets is a dubstep remix of the 80s classic “Don’t Go” in a remix by Dominatrix aka Andy Motke.
We asked Vince Clarke what he thought of it, here was his answer: “Uber cool!”
It’s not the first time that Motke has been remixing electropop acts. He also had a take on Bigod 20 vs Front 242.
HP Scanjet 3C as the vocals. It lags a bit due to the fast paced vocals. In order for the stepper motor to play a note it has to be moving and with that large carriage it takes a few milli seconds before it can play a note. It doesn’t sound like a lot of time but stretch that over a 4 minute song and voila…out of sync. Programming does help to compensate but it is not perfect.
Amiga 600 Bass on left audio output and Guitar on right audio output
Each audio channel was feed into an oscilloscope
2 Harddrives as the drums and cymbal
Xylophone as the Xylophone (duh)
Both the Harddrive and Xylophone are controlled by one PIC16F84A mircocontroller
Mike Tompkins has ‘a little fun with a projector and Ableton Live, performing an a capella Skrillex Cinema & Santigold Disparate Youth remix.
DOWNLOAD THIS SONG FOR FREE! – http://miketompkins.bandcamp.com
Vince Clarke and Martin Gore’s VCMG project has really hijacked the dancefloors with the album SSSS, plus remixes from the likes of Regis, Byetone and Matthew Jonson – now Mute have just announced a third remixes EP from the album via Twitter. This one’s set to feature ‘Aftermaths’, with a remix by Clarke himself, alongside another veteran name: Warp’s mighty LFO. The package is rounded out by a remix by Alva Noto, one half of Diamond Version and co-head of the Raster Noton label alongside Byetone. It’s set for release on August 20th through Mute.
That’s all we’ve been told so far – no music for you to listen to yet
A short film presented by Paper Son that follows a day in the life with the Musaico app.
APP ON SALE NOW UNTIL 7/5!!!
Musaico is an iPad and iPhone App for Recording and Remixing Music. Designed and optimized for the Apple iPad and iPhone, Musaico is a natural interface for the rapid-fire creative process. Record, loop, layer, and remix sounds in real time. Create entire songs from scratch, with just a few swipes and taps.
Universal for iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/musaico/id488665074?ls=1&mt=8
iPhone/iPod Touch only: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/musaico-mini/id535387946?mt=8
Native gives a tour of their recently released Remix Set:
Remix Sets are the way to organize your remix content. This tutorial will show you how to get, store and use audio content for your Remix Sets. See how to capture audio on the fly from your DJ set, assign colors on the F1 controller to your samples, and how to export and import a Remix Set.
Demo of the ‘Remix pads’ coming in version 1.1.0
White Noise Software has announced an update to Genome MIDI Sequencer, its software sequencer for the iPad. Here’s what’s new in Genome MIDI Sequencer 1.1.0:
- Fixes for playhead visual positioning issues
- ‘Create’ option for Grooves (create a groove template from a pattern, such as recorded MIDI notes).
- Remix Pads
- File management – Delete, email, Open in… (for opening files in other apps including Dropbox)
- Improvements to Zooming – Zooming in and out should work a little better now in general. When zoomed out, the view now smoothly zooms in instead of abruptly zooming
- New zoom mode. In additioned to the standard ‘fixed’ zoom (where X and Y scale is locked together), there’s an ‘advanced’ mode that lets you zoom X and Y are independently zoomable.
- OMAC App Fast switch – This allows you to quickly switch between compatible apps (not every app supports this yet) via a menu in Genome. The button for this is on the sequencer page.
- Important Change: Genome’s virtual port is no longer ‘on’ by default. You have to enable it via the config menu. The reason for this is that this is a frequent point of confusion for users. Having a virtual port can lead to issues where apps get connected twice (resulting in doubled tempos and other weird cases). It’s only necessary for Genome to have a virtual MIDI port when other apps don’t have one of their own. Only a few apps _don’t_ have virtual ports (such as Animoog), but for the majority of apps you won’t need it on.
- Bugfixes and stability improvements
Not in 1.1.0 but being worked on:
- MIDI Learn (for binding controllers to Patterns and Song steps) – I had wanted to get this in 1.1.0, but there are important bug fixes that need to get out now. This will be one of the first things I implement for the next update.