The tagline for Zynaptic is “science, not fiction” – guess they are quite true. Check out the new demo of their secret algorithm for audio filtering, spiced (as they say) with some artificial intelligence
Live from MusikMesse 2013
More information and all the latest electronic music news at:
Ilona and Tobias checking out the new secret OP-1 OS coming soon. Here’s a sonic sneak peak of what’s cooking…
More sounds here: https://soundcloud.com/one/op-1-os-te…
OP-1 promo is inspired by this great video:
The features shown in this update are available for the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio, with the exception of the Vintage Mode SP1200 Ring which is only available on the MPC Renaissance. Watch as Young Guru brings you through all the new features and improvements that MPC Software Version 1.3 brings.
New features include:
- Completely redesigned plugin architecture, allowing more features and flexibility.
- ProTools transport control.
- New vintage emulation mode: SP1200 Ring.
- Hardware zoom control.
- Project archive facility, to easily move projects between computers.
- File import of MPC2000 and 2000XL format APS and ALL Files.
- Support for custom program edit UIs for plugin programs. The bundled instruments now have tailor-made editors.
-New program mixer, with ability to hide unused tracks, and show mixer strips for plugin programs.
- Improved plugin selection system, allowing you to browse by plugin type, and by manufacturer.
- Redesigned main mode GUI, making information clearer and speeding up the workflow.
- Added new track and sequence selectors to speed up access.
- Project info list shows program type and the plugin loaded in each plugin program.
- Improved track view display, with automation editing for plugin programs, and
access to common track settings in the lane.
- Improved the program editor for plugin programs.
- You can drag samples to lanes in the grid to load them onto a pad.
- Double-click in sequence editor to insert/remove a slice point.
- Improved the hardware’s pad light performance.
- Improved QLink performance.
- Better preferences window, that looks better and is better organized.
- Audio export of submixes and plugin programs.
- Improved MPC 3000 file import.
- Next sequence mode works like an MPC 4000, rather than an MPC 5000.
- Many, many bug fixes.
Learn more about MPC Software Version 1.3 at: http://www.akaiprompc.com
Arturia Minilab is a $99 controller that comes with Analog Factory soft synths and pre-mapped knobs. Sparkle is a hardware controller bundled with their complete Spark drum machine software, and is surprisingly easy to make beats on even for the untrained.
Milton Babbit Reaktor ensemble by Dmitriy Vasiliev, available in the Reaktor user library.
EINKLANG details below:
After nine years of research and over three years of development, we at Eisenberg are very proud to present EINKLANG, our first software synthesizer. At the moment, we are working on its completion so EINKLANG will be available in stores in early December.
Discover what makes EINKLANG so special and pre-order here at a discount of up to 66% of the retail price:
Sir Elliot has released the GPA-2VST plug-in for Windows, a preamplifier described as best suited for jazz, rhythm & blues and lounge music.
Sir Elliot tells us that the GPA-2 is designed to dampen the audio signal and that each Auxiliary input will offer its own tonal characteristic. The new features from the previous model are the following:
- High Damping Factor
- Cross talk
- Output LED Display
- Over Sample Rate Protection
- Frequency Bandwidth: +/- 3 dB 22.7 Hz – 22,000 kHz (44.1 kHz – 96 kHz)
- Over Sample Rate Protection: 105 kHz and above
- Cross talk: – 20 dB
- Power Consumption: 7% on a single-core, 3 GHZ, Pentium 4 CPU residing on Windows XP SP3 using a 44.1 kHz white noise audio file.
Pricing and Availability:
“Inspired by the mystique of video logo synth scores from worn out VHS tapes, Phonec was primarily designed with character in mind. However Phonec is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses. Phonec has an intuitive GUI that attempts to strike a balance between form and function, making it a very usable tool that can be a real inspiration to work with. Apart from it’s unique character and smooth workflow, Phonec has several interesting features that set it apart from the crowd.”
- Dual oscillators that can be combined in various ways
- Analog style oscillator drifting
- A unique Melt feature that adds instant character to any patch
- Accent Sequencer
- 3 LFOs (2 monophonic, 1 polyphonic)
- HFO (High Frequency Oscillator)
- 2 Modulation Envelopes
- Echoshifter Delay Unit
- Universal Value Display
- Double Click Parameter Reset
- 128 presets
Pricing and Availability:
Phonec is available for a special introductory price of $34.
“Coming soon to OS X.”
Sony has released a teaser for a new version of Sound Forge Pro, its digital audio editing software, and the new version is for Mac OS X. Details, including availability and pricing, are still to come – but it’s ‘coming soon’.
All you can eat analog sounds
We are introducing a new movie to celebrate the release of the V Collection 3.0, which includes no less than 10 of our finest software instruments. You will be able to witness the off-beat and sometimes surreal world of Wayne, a young aspiring producer, and follow him in his quest to the ultimate sound.
Sony has released SpectraLayers PRO, the newest addition to its line of award-winning software for audio and video production. An intelligent audio editing program, SpectraLayers operates directly on waveform spectra using a wide variety of smart editing tools. Through this application, users can more accurately edit audio by graphically dividing files into discrete, user-defined layers that can be processed independently and reintegrated to achieve flawless master files.
“SpectraLayers introduces an innovative, unique workflow that redefines what can be accomplished in the professional audio editor’s suite,” said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. “The level of editing precision and advanced capabilities SpectraLayers offers makes it an essential tool for industry professionals who demand the deepest audio analysis tools.”
SpectraLayers Offers the Following Transformational Features:
Extreme Audio Editing:
- Divide audio files into discrete, user-defined layers that can be processed independently and reintegrated to achieve perfect master files.
- Remove unwanted noises and artifacts with ease while leaving surrounding audio data completely intact.
- Separate music and dialogue into individual component layers.
- Perform pitch correction on user-selected components of an audio file.
- Employ SpectraLayers in audio mastering, sound design, analysis, and forensics tasks.
- All tools are modifiable using a wide range of user-definable sensitivities and tolerances.
Extract audio into independent layers using intelligent, programmable tools:
- Area — select any audio for transfer from directly within the spectrum graph.
- Frequency — track frequencies and transfer them directly to selected layers.
- Harmonics — seek and select harmonics in user-defined amounts and orders.
Operate directly on waveform spectra to perform precise, creative edits:
Create sound directly in the SpectraLayers interface:
Fidelity / Flexibility:
- 32-bit 96 kHz capable.
- SpectraLayers provides seamless file transfer to Sound Forge Pro and other audio editing programs.
Dual Platform Support:
SpectraLayers is available for both Mac and Windows platforms.
Price and Availability:
SpectraLayers is now available for purchase worldwide, and online for immediate download at www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $399 USD.
More information: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/spectralayersp… .