Sonivox has announced that their Vocalizer Pro, a Vocoder musical instrument:
Vocalizer Pro allows the creation of simple or intricate vocal harmonies that can extend far beyond the natural limitations of the voice. One preset has the ability of producing thousands of different results—depending on the audio source. The original Vocalizer is known for its ability to process any type of vocal, percussive or melodic audio track; Vocalizer Pro expands on these capabilities. Using SONiVOX?s Polaris spectral synthesis engine, Vocalizer Pro can transform any audio input “into a synthesizer,” for “deep and complex” musical results.
“We created Vocalizer Pro to provide a truly unique experience. These snapshot pads give you endless ways to be expressive and creative,” says Jason Jordan, Head of Soundware at SONiVOX. “For each pad, every automatable parameter can be set to a different setting. It’s almost as if every pad is a completely different patch, allowing the performer to instantly switch between parameter settings. People are really going to have a lot fun with Vocalizer Pro.”
Sonivox Vocalizer Pro supports AU, VST, or RTAS formats, and is compatible with 32- or 64-bit Mac or Windows systems. The MSRP is $199.99 (USD).
Venom VB-303 is a free software synth that simulates the iconic sound of the Roland TB-303 bass synthesizer.
It’s Windows only – so sorry all you Mac users out there (including myself) 😉
It’s available for download here.
Here’s a user video demo:
Go get it
Cakewalk has announced the release of Music Creator 6 Touch, a personal music studio software for Windows.
Music Creator 6 Touch makes it fun and easy to create original music or remix your favorite songs – with no musical experience required. Transform any Windows 7 or 8 computer into your own personal music studio. Music Creator has all the tools, loops, instruments, and FX you need to create, edit, and mix great music. And when you’re ready to share your music with the world, you can burn a CD or use SoundCloud to post your music on Facebook and Twitter.
Music Creator 6 Touch also adds touch support for Intel-inspired Ultrabooks and other Windows 8 touch enabled devices. Use the same multi-touch gestures you’ve grown accustomed to on your smartphone to interact with Music Creator 6 Touch.
Music Creator 6 Touch features
- Seamlessly create, record, edit, and mix your music using the award-winning Skylight user interface.
- Get creative with 32 audio tracks and 128 instrument tracks.
- A complete backing band – includes 6 virtual instruments.
- All the must-have FX including Reverb, EQ, more.
- Plug-in your guitar and get incredible sounds using the Overloud TH2 Creator amp simulator.
- Create beats and drum tracks with the integrated Step Sequencer.
- Trigger audio and MIDI loops using the Matrix View for real-time performance and remixing.
- Easily drag and drop loops, instruments, FX, and project templates from the built-in Browser.
- Plus! Use any Windows 8 touch enabled device and interact directly with the software using your hands.
Music Creator 6 Touch for Windows is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. A bundle with all 19 Cakewalk Sound Center expansion packs *1,285 additional sounds, 3.6 GB) costs $149.99 USD.
The Fruity Loops has been busy lately…
Version 2 of the DJ mixing application works either as a standalone program or as a VSTi inside your favourite host. Deckadance can also host any VST compliant softsynth or effect.
Control Deckadance using MIDI controllers, timecoded vinyl and CD systems..
Choose 2 OR 4 decks. Smart knobs link many interface targets to one knob. GrossBeat automated glitch, stutter & scratch functions. Isolator FX chain up to three FX per deck and apply to Low/Mid/High or all bands. Customizable interface and Smart panels select Cue, Grid, DVS, Key, Smart Knob and Tempo controls.
The mighty Raven MTX at Frankfurt Musikmesse.
The RAVEN MTX is: – A state of the art touch screen display featuring the RAVEN MIXER – A powerful multitouch mixer that can control all major DAW’s – And a flexible and user-customizable, multifunction TOOLBAR. The RAVEN also incorporates a full-featured analog monitoring section designed for today’s audio engineer, with multiple speaker outs and input sources, smart phone connectivity, USB, multiple headphone send and cue options, and much more. But at the heart of the RAVEN MTX is the most important thing of all… Your DAW, right at your fingertips.
The Multi Touch Display
When we began to develop the Raven concept, we studied the touch screen industry for months and became experts in the various technologies. We realized something very quickly: to make a multi touch monitor suited for the pro audio industry, no “off-the-shelf” product would work; they were too slow, with thick, untreated glass and unusable parallax between your finger and the image. The screens themselves wouldn’t look correct at the angle that we needed, the glass had a horrible friction to it, and there were no proper drivers to do real Mac and PC integration with professional DAWs. So we started from the beginning, and built the RAVEN touch display from the ground up, using brand new touchscreen technologies that were literally being introduced to the market as we were working. We build our own displays using commercial grade LED backlit screens and components from industry-standard display manufacturers. It’s sharp, bright, and looks great at any angle. But one of the greatest achievements we made is in our custom made NANO GLIDE surface. This ultra thin 2mm glass is coated with a proprietary nano technology that makes the surface slick and smooth, even smoother than the famous touch tablet… and it allows you to work effortlessly. This is the Rolls Royce of touch screens… nothing on the market comes close in terms of performance, feel, and build quality.
The Raven Mixer
The Raven Multi Touch DAW control software puts your DAW right at your fingertips. A large-format multitouch mixer gives you complete access to faders, pans, mutes, solos, sends, automation, and even plugin inserts. Of course on a 46” screen, plugins become the size of 19” outboard gear – you can easily tweak the controls with your fingers. This is a world-first in DAW control. Having the DAW at your fingertips makes it easy to directly interact with the music.
The tagline for Zynaptic is “science, not fiction” – guess they are quite true. Check out the new demo of their secret algorithm for audio filtering, spiced (as they say) with some artificial intelligence
Live from MusikMesse 2013
More information and all the latest electronic music news at:
Ilona and Tobias checking out the new secret OP-1 OS coming soon. Here’s a sonic sneak peak of what’s cooking…
More sounds here: https://soundcloud.com/one/op-1-os-te…
OP-1 promo is inspired by this great video:
The features shown in this update are available for the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio, with the exception of the Vintage Mode SP1200 Ring which is only available on the MPC Renaissance. Watch as Young Guru brings you through all the new features and improvements that MPC Software Version 1.3 brings.
New features include:
– Completely redesigned plugin architecture, allowing more features and flexibility.
– ProTools transport control.
– New vintage emulation mode: SP1200 Ring.
– Hardware zoom control.
– Project archive facility, to easily move projects between computers.
– File import of MPC2000 and 2000XL format APS and ALL Files.
– Support for custom program edit UIs for plugin programs. The bundled instruments now have tailor-made editors.
-New program mixer, with ability to hide unused tracks, and show mixer strips for plugin programs.
– Improved plugin selection system, allowing you to browse by plugin type, and by manufacturer.
– Redesigned main mode GUI, making information clearer and speeding up the workflow.
– Added new track and sequence selectors to speed up access.
– Project info list shows program type and the plugin loaded in each plugin program.
– Improved track view display, with automation editing for plugin programs, and
access to common track settings in the lane.
– Improved the program editor for plugin programs.
– You can drag samples to lanes in the grid to load them onto a pad.
– Double-click in sequence editor to insert/remove a slice point.
– Improved the hardware’s pad light performance.
– Improved QLink performance.
– Better preferences window, that looks better and is better organized.
– Audio export of submixes and plugin programs.
– Improved MPC 3000 file import.
– Next sequence mode works like an MPC 4000, rather than an MPC 5000.
– Many, many bug fixes.
Learn more about MPC Software Version 1.3 at: http://www.akaiprompc.com
Arturia Minilab is a $99 controller that comes with Analog Factory soft synths and pre-mapped knobs. Sparkle is a hardware controller bundled with their complete Spark drum machine software, and is surprisingly easy to make beats on even for the untrained.
Milton Babbit Reaktor ensemble by Dmitriy Vasiliev, available in the Reaktor user library.