Thursday morning freebee stuff – Saw Wave synth, details below:
Samsara Cycle Audio has released the Saw Wave SynthesizerVSTi.
- 4 Pitch controls with selectable ‘feet’ switch in the range of 32′ 16′ 8′ 4′ 2′
- Filter Section: Cutoff Resonance with individual level controls
- Filter Pass Mix Section: Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Q settings
- Mono / Poly Selector
- Filter and AMP section LFO Level Control
- AMP and Filter Envelope Sections: Attack, Decay, Release, Sustain and Amount
- LFO Section – Selectable Host Sync Function
- Flanger effect: Speed, Phase, Feedback and Depth Controls
- Pitch Control
- Output Level Control
- Midi Learn
Pricing and Availability:
Meesha has released a free modular synth for Windows, Datmatriks:
Damatriks is a “classic” modular synthesizer system VST plugin, inspired by the modular analog synths. With many different modules in place, endless creativity is guaranteed. These modules can be patched using a CV (control voltage) matrix module, creating complex CV patches.
- vco type 1 (2)
- vco type 2
- vco link (sync/Xmod)
- mixer (with noise gen)
- envelope type 1 (2)
- vca type 1
- filter type 1
- filter type 2
- clock (with multiplier)
- lfo type 1
- lfo type 2
- cv mixer
- cv matrix 9->14
It’s a free download at the Meesha site.
Samsara Cycle Audio tells us that Boxxy D is a VSTi for simulating the effect of a Mississippi Drum Machine.
They say that the plug-in also simulates Bass Drum instruments for use in many styles of music, especially Dubstep.
- Bass and Treble EQ controls
- Stomp EQ – controls EQ via velocity
- Volume control
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Release
- Style switch
- Octave switch
Pricing and Availability:
FXpansion DCAM Dynamics offers a variety of different flavours of high-quality circuit-modelled dynamics processing. The included plugins are perfect for everything from taming tricky transients to heavy, creative sculpting effects and everything in between. Classic console bus compression and channel limiting amp processors are provided alongside a transient shaper and frequency-selective compressor making DCAM Dynamics a great all-purpose dynamics toolbox.
Availability & Pricing
DCAM Dynamics is available as a download-only product from the FXpansion web shop!
Pricing is USD $99.00, EUR €79.00, GBP £69.00 inc VAT where applicable.
vladg/sound has released Limiter No6, a freeware modular limiter suited for mastering purposes. It’s available for Windows 32- and 64-bit and as 32-bit VST plug-in for Mac OS X.
- 5 modules: RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper, true peak limiter.
- High-quality signal processing to use for mastering purposes.
- Brickwall and soft limiting with different timing settings.
- M/S and multiband modes.
- Optional 4x oversampling.
- True inter-sample peaks (ISP) limiting.
- Analog-style indication.
- 2 different GUIs.
ProgAte is a MIDI processor/router, which allows you to control up to 8 synths with one MIDI keyboard.
“You send midi program changes, together with all the rest midi events, to ProgAte. ProgAte splits and filters the stream, remaps the ProgChange messages – and outputs the processed midi stream, one channel per synth (up to 8 for one instance of ProgAte).”
Pricing and Availability:
SyncerSoft has announced the release of its Lizard Morph freeware effect plugin for Windows.
Lizard Morph is detune and morph effect designed to deliver the powerful, penetrating sounds favoured by trance musicians. It’s ideal for use in trance, dance, techno, dubstep, electronica, drum n bass, big beat, dub, reggae and all other styles.
LFO modulation sections was designed specialy for Dubstep genre but can be used in other styles too of course. The plug-in contains: Main section. Filter section. LFO section. Morph section.
The plug-in is available to download as a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
A short video demonstration of Delta Modulator VST/AU plugin by Xfer Records.
Xfer Records has released Delta Modulator, a free bitcrusher VST/AU plugin based on a signal modulation technique found in Nintendo NES video game console’s delta modulation channel.
I just threw Delta Modulator together out of mild curiosity of how it sounded compared to traditional sr/bit-reduction.
Ableton and SoundCloudhave teamed up to bring you some goodies, whether you’re a Live user or not. “Ableton has long been the number one choice for musicians, whether for songwriting, making beats, remixing or live performances. At SoundCloud, we know that many of you depend upon it, indeed many of our team members use it on a regular basis privately (and it’s even been used in a masterclass or two!). It’s therefore with great pleasure to announce that SoundCloud and Ableton, two great Berlin audio companies, have teamed up to give our communities something unprecedented and very, very awesome.”
In the package:
- Ableton Live has been updated so that it now comes with SoundCloud sharing baked in. You can now upload straight to SoundCloud.
- SoundCloud is offering Ableton users 5 months of SoundCloud Pro, for free. You can find the details here.
- Ableton has is also offering the entire SoundCloud community a free copy of Live Lite 8. Details here.
- Waveform: sine, sawtooth, pulse (square), triangle, user, and “user PWM”.
- Amp: Amplitude of the oscillator.
- Tpitch (aftertouch > pitch): The effect of note velocity and later pressure changes on the oscillator’s pitch.
- Pulsewidth, PWM rate, PWM depth. These are ignored unless the waveform is “pulse” or “user PWM”, in which case they set the base pulsewidth and the modulation rate and depth.
- Trans (transpose): Transposition of the second oscillator relative to the first (i.e. the voice’s pitch).
- Detune: Constant frequency shift of the second oscillator.
- Touch (aftertouch > osc amp): The effect of note velocity and pressure changes on both oscillators’ amplitude.