A short test setup, controlling the iOS PPG with the M569 sequencer via the M552 CV2MIDI module.
Download or stream the audio at SoundCloud: http://snd.sc/RuFf7x
Live looping with Ableton Live, a DSI MoPho, an Akai MPD26 and APC20, a DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter 3D, and three iPads running PPG Wavegenerator, Lemur, and Animoog. An iConnectMIDI is sending and receiving MIDI notes from Animoog to MIDI clipslots in Ableton Live. Bass from the PPG app is being looped with Ableton’s looper plug-in, controlled by Lemur. All loops are recorded live, nothing was pre-recorded.
Here’s something cool a six track loop recorder type drum machine for iOS
Available in a few days. Watch twitter.com/beepstreet
Check Sunrizer synth demo:
Minimalistic 8-bit techno with Nanoloop & Line6 EchoPark.
Based on the award-winning DL4™ Delay Modeler, Echo Park™ is loaded with unbelievable sounding models including Analog, Tape, and Digital Delay. Different delay patterns such as slap, ping pong, swell, and sweep can be adjusted with the twist of a knob, and the Mod dial can be tweaked for even more variations. Also features Tap Tempo and stereo ins and outs.
This is the introductory tutorial for Loopy, the live-looper for iOS: Recording the first track, count-in, tempo and clock length controls and track-twisting.
This is a looper that’ll come out to play, but get down to work when you want to get serious. While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn’t compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It’s fun, right from the start. More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy’s rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don’t have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy’s more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time – no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Cats Do Different Tracks live session on Loopseque.
Loopseque it’s a new music ecosystem which includes powerful sequencer, sampler, fx processor and record store with many beautiful releases from talented artists.
The basement of Loopseque is a circle – a natural solution for visualization of cyclic music structure. Music starts with the first touch and within seconds becomes alive. It’s not just a rhythmic pattern in your hands, but the whole composition.
Playing Loopseque doesn’t require music education or any professional skills. An intuitive interface combined with inspiring sounds gives an opportunity to plunge into the world of music to everybody.
• Easy to use sequencer
• Sample editor, uploader & browser
• Onboard Samples library
• Audio effects
• Live track recording & loop bouncing
• SoundCloud sharing
• Project sharing via e-mail
• 22 professionally designed electronic sample sets
• 14 original project presets
• Loopseque Store with new projects and tracks by talented artists
• Dropbox Sync and iTunes File Sharing for your own sounds
• Audio copy/paste (General Pasteboard with import and export)
• WIST support for syncing with other iOS music apps
• Master Classes & Tutorials
A live looping improv jam performed on a DJ TechTools “MIDI Fighter 3D.” No phrases or pre-reocrded loops were used. Only single notes are being triggered from an instance of NI’s Kontakt for drums, and three separate instances of NI’s Massive for the bass, lead, and polyphonic synth. The bank-select buttons at the top of the unit selects the proper instrument in Ableton Live.
Tilting the unit to the right controls a low-pass filter on the synths. A backward tilt controls the resonance on those filters, and tilting the unit forward controls modulation/vibrato. The side buttons are controlling Ableton’s loopers, and are also used to engage the master filter at the end of the song.
Lemur on the iPad is being used to clear loops and control reverb and delay on all four instruments.
More info on the DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter 3D can found on DJTT’s site: http://store.djtechtools.com/midi-fighter-3d.html
“Around the late 40s the atom was split… We discovered that everything was forever changed, when we discovered the word could be cut up, that sound could be cut up. That everything having to do with culture could be cut up and reassembled in ways that didn’t exist before. That will be seen as the most radical, important thing that happened this century” – Genesis P Orridge, Modulations
GlitchBreaks from Alex Matheu is a powerful iOS loop manipulation tool. Anyone who has seen, heard or played with it can vouch for its quality and flexibility. It puts buffer override, scrubbing, beat-juggling, and pitch and time stretching all within the palm of your hand, cheaply. We got so excited about this App we contacted GlitchBreaks about partnering, and the fruit of that can be seen in the 20 new free factory loops we provided for version 1.03.
We are pleased to premiere our first loop-pack intended for use with GlitchBreaks. Containing 49 high quality abstract 1 bar loops, this pack is designed for the glitchhead who can’t get enough. Already glitchy in their nature these loops will send you spinning off into microcosms of uncontrolled electronic pleasure when paired with GlitchBreaks. Prepare to travel down the rabbit hole, and bring your headlamp because the journey will get dark, dirty and shocking!
All loops are provided in 16-bit as well as high quality 24-bit files, for use in any desktop DAW and numerous other iOS apps.
49 16-bit/44.1 khz Wav files
49 24-bit/48 khz Wav files
All files tagged with BPM (tempo) and initials.
Installation Instructions for GlitchBreaks included.
Available from – www.sunsineaudio.com
Rheyne in a nice session featuring lots of nice controllers, synths and pads, enjoy
Live looping improv jam using analog keyboards, USB controllers, and iOS devices. iPads are running Animoog, Lemur, and SoundPrism Pro. SP Pro is triggering NI’s Massive through an iConnectMIDI. A DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter 3D is controlling loopers, drums, and a monophonic synth. Its rotation is mapped to filters and vibrato. Normally my drums are played on an Akai MPD26, but wanted to get used to the MF3D for a portable live rig. An Akai APC20 and Novation Launchpad are controlling the recording and playback of loops in Ableton Live. The DSI MoPho, Fender Rhodes, and Moog Prodigy are all running through a PreSonus 1818VSL connected to a Macbook Pro. All loops are recorded live.
Download or stream the audio at SoundCloud: http://snd.sc/LP21G9
The audio editor is a powerful sample editing tool. This video introduces some of the available operations and also demonstrates how to slice a loop.
Defame and Nathan Monk present [Circuit Bent Beats]. A collaborative experimental project based around Defame sampling and chopping/looping sounds recorded by Monk through various circuit bent objects; kids toys, turntables, etc. The 5 song EP will be available 3.27.12 via audiorecon.net and defame.bandcamp.com.