Free Music Software: KR-Reverb FS is designed for ease of use by adjusting internally the equalization and damping controls to optimal levels to produce a “warm reverb sound suitable for a wide range of applications.”
It’s available for Mac, Windows & Linux as a free download here >>
- Output Gain control with range
- -12db to +12db adjustment.
- Adjustable Early Reflections Size
- Adjustable Late reflections size
- Adjustable Diffusion control
- Adjustable Decay control
- Adjustable Listener position control
- Dry/Wet Mix adjustment.
- Windows XP,Vista (VST)
- Mac OSX UB (VST,AU)
- Linux Native VST
- Support for User definable presets
- (Save & Load) via Host interface
This is a not-quite-technically-correct stereo frequency shifter (with seperate controls for the left & right channels) based on techniques seen on this web page: http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~clark/nordmodularbook/nm_spectrum_shift.html
The reason for this not being technically correct is that doing this the right way would require a lot more CPU. This implementation only achieves true frequency shifting in a certain range of frequencies, while frequencies outside of this range get an effect closer to ring modulation, which is still interesting.
There is also a simple distortion effect and LFOs for modulation.
This time there are everything from synth leads to rex loops and cool ambient patches for you to enjoy
Make sure to check them out and spread the word
Always fancy software that looks like hardware
Bend Box is a software synthesizer that emulates a circuit-bending device. Can be useful for making experiments and for creating various noise FX. All knobs can be tweaked manually or thru easily assignable MIDI controllers. MIDI Automation is also available.
Watch the great video below
With Bend Box you can get wide range of noises: from the soft gurgling to ringing grinding, or even strange melodical timbres.
Hotelsinus Sound Design has released version 0.23 of TonesynthDS, a free software synth for the Nintendo DS. TonesynthDS is an easy to use matrix tone synth with a simple instrument generator.
- 16×16 pattern editor (16 accord, 16 tone (the scale is selectable), first line is always the C3).
- 16 different pattern stock.
- Different volume setting possibility for each accord (in the second editor mode).
- Adjustable tempo.
- Possibility to play a pattern looped with the default sound samples or with generated sound samples.
- With the button X you can clear a pattern (and set the volumes of that pattern to maximum).
- Sound sample generator. You can listen a test sound with ADSHR, play a continuous test sound without adshr (but you can set the parameters on the fly) or generate the full stock, that will be used by the pattern player. The system is fully usable while you play or generate samples. Although the playing of the pattern will be paused during the generation.
- For the generation there are two oscilloscopes. Both can generate sinus, saw, rectangle and organ. The frequency of the second oscilloscope can be set relative to the frequency of the first oscilloscope with a slider under that except for the ‘am’ mixing type where you can set the absolute frequency between 0 and 20 hertz.
- 3 mixing types: Amplitude modulation, ring modulation (the difference is in the base frequency of the second oscilloscope) and cross modulation. For the last one you can set the cross fade factor with the slider under the first oscilloscope.
- Low pass filter with resonance.
- ADSHR for the generated samples. The length of the samples are limited to 2 seconds.
TonesynthDS v0.23 is available as freeware for Nintendo DS.
TAL-Elek7ro is a virtual analog synth with some special features like oscillator hardsync and frequncy modulation. Including improved alias free oscillators, new developed fast envelopes and lfo’s with a wide range from 0.1Hz up to 400 Hz. A free routable envelope with attack and decay is available too. This synth is useful for a wide range of sounds from percusion to deep bass sounds.
- 2 oscillators with hardsync, PW and FM (saw, pulse, triangle, sine).
- 1 sub oscillator (saw, rectangle).
- 1 noise oscillator.
- 18dB or 12dB non linear analog modelled low pass resonance filter.
- Mono mode, including portamento.
- Poly mode, up to 6 voices (not cpu optimized for poly mode).
- 2 free routable Lfo’s (0.1Hz – 400Hz, sine, triangle, saw, rectangle, s&h, noise).
- Filter and amplifier ADSR-envelope.
- Free routable AD-envelope.
- Mod-wheel and Pitch-Wheel support.
- Midi Learn for all pots.
- Velocity to filter contour intensity.
- Panic button.
- Tutorial and installation guide.
xenos made about 80 great factory presets for this synth. Check out his page:
Audio example: TAL-Elek7ro and U-No-62 filter:
Christian Bannister from Subcycle Labs has created a patch for visual multi-touch manipulation of a bass synth (Native Instruments Massive).
a real-time multi-touch interface to a visualized low frequency sound. the various touch configurations control different parameters of the synthesized bass including filter modulation rate, bit crush, sample and hold, feedback, oscillator phase and fm synthesis. more info at subcycle.org
New Reason Refills at Stereoklang uploaded >>