Finally we start to see more quality apps coming also for Android tablets – check out this new Groovebox. Create your own grooves and drum loops with RD3 HD – Groovebox!
Use your Android phone or tablet as a musical instrument and make your own electronic music tracks!
Recreate the sound of early electronic dance music with the RD3 HD — Groovebox that recalls two 303-style analog synthesizers, a drum machine plus distortion, phaser and delay audio effects!
Developed in Berlin, RD3 HD – Groovebox is a pioneering audio app that lets you program your own grooves. This multi-touch enabled app makes it simple to invent unique loops and manipulate them with resonant filters and effects on the go.
Appropriate both for experienced musicians and novices.
Use it for live performances in landscape mode on phones and 7-inch tablets or use the additional special rack view on 10-inch tablets in portrait mode.
RD3 HD is optimized for Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.X (Honeycomb) and Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Loops you’ve created and exported with the Groovebox can also be automatically integrated into mikrosonic’s audio mixer app SPC – Music Sketchpad.
- Two virtual analog synthesizers
- 4 types of waveforms per synth
- Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
- High-quality or regular filter modes
- Drum machine with 10 drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RZ1, DMX, RX11, DPM-48
- Real-time step sequencer for the synths and the drum machine
- 3 effects: distortion, phaser and delay
- 4 bars with 16 steps per instrument
- 3 play modes: Solo, loop or random
- Special portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
- Multi-touch control
- Live session recording
- Audio loop export as WAV files
- Session save capability
- Cut/copy/paste pattern
- OpenSL support
- Android 2.3 or higher
- Screen resolution 800×480 (WVGA) or higher
- 800 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7
More details at: www.mikrosonic.com/rd3hd
Nucleus SoundLab would like to introduce you to a brand-new ReFill exclusively built for Propellerhead Reason 6 – Celluloid Beats. Celluloid Beats features an amazingly unique set of cinematic percussion loops suitable for filmscoring, game sound design, IDM and other electronic genres. The loops inside have been specially processed using a proprietary additive vocoding techique to emphasize long, smooth decay stages. Beyond the high-quality loops themselves, Celluloid Beats is also the first ReFill in an innovative new series called Modular Grooves.
Modular Grooves ReFills are meant to provide musicians and producers with a infinitely configurable palette of loops. These loops sound great at virtually any tempo thanks to being sampled using Wide BPM technology – anywhere from 60bpm to 300bpm is fair game. There is no reason to be limited by the original tempo of a loop any more!
Each Combinator patch in a Celluloid Beats contains 8 loops – 1 original loop and 7 creative loop remixes. This is achieved by using the Slice Edit Mode on Dr. OctoRex to change filtering, decay, volume and more on a per-step basis for each loop. Going farther than that, unique FX are added to each patch which are used to effect specific loop slices – so each slice in a loop can have a different distortion, filtering or delay! The resulting loop remixes sound incredibly complex, but they certainly aren’t complicated to use. A single Combinator Rotary switches between all 8 loops; and you can also easily dive into Dr. OctoRex to tweak any loop remix to taste! To help users understand the Modular Grooves technology and get the very most out of it, PDF documentation is included.
Celluloid Beats also comes packed with all its loops in raw REX2 format outside the ReFill itself at no additional charge. So users can easily load these loops into other sampler, such as Kontakt, Ableton Live, Battery and more without any hassles.
- 40 24-bit 44khz REX2 loops form the base of Celluloid Beats
- 280 loop remixes using all 8 loop slots on Dr. OctoRex
- Each patch built exclusively for Reason 6
- All REX2 loops included outside the ReFill, for use in other samplers
- Detailed PDF documentation on the creation and operation of the ReFill
Casio has introduced two new keyboard synthesizers at the Winter NAMM, the XW-G1 Groove Synthesizer and the XW-P1 Performance Synthesizer, here are the full specs for both of them:
The Casio XW-G1 is a ‘groove synthesizer’ equipped with a keyboard and designed to offer the various kinds of digital equipment used by club DJs, including the ability to create and play back a variety of rhythm patterns and musical phrases.
- Step Sequencer
- 100 different rhythm patterns are available for playback in the preset sequences
- Up to 100 original rhythm patterns can be recorded as user sequences
- Users can improvise using the set of 16 buttons while playing back rhythm patterns
- Multiple rhythm patterns—as many as 99—can be connected in a sequence and played as loops using the Chains function
- Phrase Sequencer
- 100 musical phrases can be readily played back using the preset phrases
- Up to 100 musical phrases spontaneously played on the keyboard can be stored in memory as user phrases
- Live performance functions
- A multifunction keys enables users to assign essential functions for DJ performances to keys
- 420 preset tones including Solo Synthesizer and PCM tones can be quickly accessed in keyboard performances
- The Arpeggio function can automatically play arpeggios just by pressing keys
- Sample Looper
- Sounds performed on the synthesizer as well as sounds input from external source can be sampled and played back in loops of up to 19 seconds long, allowing overdubbing
- Sampled sounds that are saved as user tones can be played in keyboard performances
- Other features
- Wide variety of preset tones or internal PCM and Synth waves to create sounds
- Various input and output terminals enable connection of audio equipment and MIDI-compatible devices, such a DJ gear and musical instruments
- Portable MIDI devices or audio equipment can be placed on the designated rubber holding space
Specifications are available at the Casio site.
The XW-P1 is designed to be a true performance synthesizer that allows users to create a wide array of sounds from many preset tones, including Solo Synthesizer, Hex Layer, and Drawbar Organ tones, as well as numerous types of internal PCM and Synth waves.
- Wide selection of preset tones ensures quick access in performances
- 100 Solo Synthesizer presets can reproduce vintage analog synthesizer sounds
- 50 Hex Layer presets layer as many as six tones for ensemble sounds
- 50 Drawbar Organ presets can reproduce traditional Drawbar Organ sounds
- A total of 420 PCM Melody and PCM Drum presets have been produced from samples of various instrument sounds including pianos, guitars, and drums
- Synth features
- A total of 311 internal Synth waves reproduce vintage analog synthesizer sounds
- A total of 2,158 PCM waves are built in, including wave data from the CZ series, Casio’s best-selling digital synthesizers of the 1980s
- Users can create integrated sounds by layering analog synthesizer waves and PCM waves
- Users can produce original Hex Layer sounds by combining as many as six preset tones
- Users can create their own Drawbar Organ sounds by using the nine sliders
- Variety of functions useful for live performances
- Users can assign performance setups for up to four designated keyboard zones by using the Performance function
- The Phrase Sequencer lets users create and play back musical phrases to enhance their performances
- The Step Sequencer allows users to create and play back a variety of rhythm patterns
- The Arpeggio function can automatically play arpeggios just by pressing keys
- Useful features for applications ranging from performance to music production
- SMF data or audio data saved on an SD card can be played back while playing the keyboard
- MIDI devices, microphones, audio players, and other equipment can be connected using the various input and output terminals
- Portable audio equipment or MIDI devices can be placed on the designated rubber holding space
Specifications for the XW-P1 are available at the Casio site.
SampleTank® 1.1 is a universal app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad that gives you the power to quickly build grooves with its enhanced PADS interface and 4-track MIDI recorder with unlimited overdubbing. The familiar drum machine-style interface lets you lay down beats easily with adjustable quantize values that you can change on the fly as well loop record and a click track that you can turn on and off at will. Put a drum kit on part A, a bass on part B, a piano on part C, sound FX on part D … anything you like! You can export your recording as a stereo audio AAC file via E-Mail or iTunes File Sharing to use it in another app like AmpliTube or VocaLive or a computer DAW like Logic or Pro Tools. You can also export a .MID standard MIDI file. SampleTank 1.1 is a free update for all existing users and is available in the App Store. Check it out today!
SampleTank® for iPhone / iPod touch is your key to R&B and urban groove construction and performance anytime and everywhere. With over 400 instruments and 900 patterns, you can create the perfect beat, the perfect groove, the perfect lead for modern R&B, classic Hip Hop, old school funk … any style you can think of. The power of SampleTank is now in your iPhone / iPod touch. Check it out today!
Groove Machine is a virtual groove box designed with live performance or composition in mind, or use it as a synthesizer/drum-machine combination.
Groove Machine is virtual ‘Groove Box’ within your sequencer, perfect for live performance or use it as a hybrid synthesizer, drum sampler or to create loops.
Get the groove happening
Groove Machine’s power lies in its ability to automate every parameter of the sampler, synth and effects channels on a PER-step basis.
Get a groove happening quickly and trigger samples, loops and bars/patterns on the fly from your MIDI controller or DAW software.
Focused to live performance.
Image Line recommend a MIDI controller if you want to control Groove Machine live. However, it’s still possible to use Groove Machine with a computer mouse and keyboard, just less efficient.
Groove Machine features:
- 5 hybrid (Subtractive/FM) synthesizer channels
- 8 flexible sampler channels, each with 4 sample layers
- 10 DJ-style effects + EQ and Stutter PER channel.
- Stepsequencer with per-step automation allowing PER step note sculpting of all interface parameters.
- Step / Drum sequencer / Piano roll views
- Optimized for live performance
- Internal link system for maximum compatibility with all MIDI controllers
- Multiple independent outputs for the 5 synth & 8 sampler channels
- Ideal for dub-step, trance, house & hip-hop producers
- Available in VSTi, AU & Standalone
Here you find a good demo on how to get that groove going on the Sampletank: SampleTank® for for iPhone/iPod touch is the mobile version of IK’s SampleTank for Mac and PC, the leading virtual sound workstation for the studio, now available for your favorite iOS mobile device and designed for live performance. It is a 4-part multi-timbral instrument with a sound set of over 900 MB of samples for over 400 acoustic, electric and electronic instruments (including a selection of the best workstation sounds from SampleTank, orchestral sounds from Miroslav Philharmonik and synths sounds from SampleMoog) plus a selection of over 900 melodic and rhythmic patterns that span every musical genre. SampleTank for iOS brings the power of the most popular computer sound module — which has appeared in thousands of award winning records from world-class artists — to your iOS device.
RD3 HD – Groovebox
Use your Android tablet as a groovebox and make your own music tracks!
RD3 HD – Groovebox is an audio application designed for Android tablets that is easy to use. It combines two 303-style synthesizers, a drum machine with different drum kits and three audio effects.
Recreate the sound of early electronic dance music with these legendary machines!
Optimized for Tablets
Take full advantage of your Android tablet with that multi-touch enabled app and use your tablet as a musical instrument.
Use it for live performances in landscape mode or use the additional special rack view on 10-inch tablets in portrait mode. This view is very well suited for editing with the mixer section on top and a scrollable part below for the other panels.
RD3 HD supports both 7-inch and 10-inch tablets and is optimized for Android 3.X (Honeycomb).
2 virtual analog synthesizers
4 types of waveforms for each synth
Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
High-quality or regular filter modes
Drum machine with 10 drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX, DPM48
Real-time step sequencer
3 effects: distortion, phaser and delay
4 bars with 16 steps per instrument
3 play modes: Solo, loop or random
Designed for 7-inch and 10-inch Android tablets
Special rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
Optimized for Android 3.x, Honeycomb
Audio loop export feature
Session save capability
Android 2.2 or higher
Screen resolution 800×480 (WVGA) or higher
Screen size 7-inch or higher
800 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7
Tested on: Xoom, Archos 70, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak 7
Image-Line has released a beta version of Groove Machine, a groove box instrument plug-in by Maxx Claster.
Groove Machine is a performance-oriented multichannel (drum)sampler, multitimbral hybrid synthesizer, sequencer and last but not least a ‘Groove Box’ inspired by hardware Groove Boxes. Special attention is paid to live performance via MIDI controllers.
Groove Machine features
- Step sequencer with integrated Note Editor driving 8 sampler tracks, 5 synth tracks and 10 performance oriented effects for every track.
- Synthesizer features a hybrid additive, FM & RM design.
- Per step automation with automation graphs.
- Pre-mapped to general MIDI keys.
- Stutter, beat repeat effects module.
- 2 envelopes, 2 LFO’s.
- Multi-mode filter.
Groove Machine beta is currently available to download as a VST plug-in for Windows for registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line
Beat707 is an Arduino Shield that adds several neat features to your musical arsenal. You get a 32 step machine, (plus 32 double-steps for a total of 64 steps) with 16 step buttons and leds, LCD screen and navigation keys. It’s like the classic Roland TR707 but with some twists, as it actually has 64 x 1/32 or 32 x 1/64 steps. Plus, the 2 note-step sequence feature allows you to do bass and/or synth grooves — it’s a MIDI groove-box all in one ! The unit doesn’t produce any sound, it’s all MIDI based, so you can use any MIDI compatible device.
- 14 Drum Tracks + 2 Accent Tracks (a total of 3 MIDI-note velocities can be sent from each step)
- 2 Step-Sequence Tracks (each step has its own Note selection, Velocity is set by the accent tracks)
- Multi Pattern and Song Mode
- Number of Patterns and Songs depends on the total amount of system EEPROM — the base system provision of 32kbytes of EEPROM has enough for 90 patterns and 99 songs positions. The included Flash Nand memory can hold up to 42 songs. (see more below)
- Each pattern has 32 x 1/32 or 32 x 1/64 steps and 14 tracks + 2 accent tracks (V1.2.0 has 64 steps total per pattern)
- Each track has a note-number and MIDI-channel number, so you can also use tracks to output regular notes (one note fixed per track)
- Optional MIDI echo (set during compilation and uploading of the Sketch)
- File Mode for storing up to 20 songs into the internal Flash. With options to Load, Save, Dump to SySex MIDI and Erase
- Special Mirror Pattern Editing – allows you to edit a 64 step pattern in a much easier way