Pure Analog sequence & sound, CV 1 and Gate 1 from the Urzwerg controls the VCOs of the Micro Zwerg. LFO 2’s frequency is modulated by CV3 and later GATE3 from the Microzwerg. Headphones are recommended ;).
This time the only drum sound from the Tanzbär (which is mainly used as a CV sequencer) is the fantastic BD2, a 808 style bass drum. The other drum sounds are generated by the small modular system Tinysizer & the Mikrozwerg. Both synths are patched into each other. At the second half of the recording I am using LFO tool by Xfer Records to filter the VCO 2 of the Tinysizer.
This is a demo of the Boomstar 4075 (ARP 2600 filter) being sequenced by a Doepfer Dark Time. Because of the nature of the demonstration, it could get a little boring during some sections. Pay attention to the subtle changes and you will be impressed. Stay tuned through the whole video to see how much range the Boomstars can cover. This is only a short segment as well, these synths are capable of much more. This is a Perfect Circuit Audio favorite of 2013!
Look out for another Boomstar demo coming soon, this time played by a MIDI controller.
Background video description:
One of my subscribers needed help interfacing his SH-101 with the Europa sequencer. In this video, I demonstrate clocking the SH-101’s arpeggiator and internal sequencer to the Europa using one of its 7 drum triggers. In this instance, I used trigger “B” since it did not have a drum assigned to the MIDI note number on the Roland R-8M. First, I program a steady stream of eighth notes and then sixteenth notes. I also experiment with dropping various steps to create a pattern. The simple bass line used in this video is from a Novation BassStation rack synth. I added some delay to the 101 with the Lexicon MX400.
Next, I hook up a Roland MPU-101 MIDI to CV converter box to control the SH-101 from the Europa sequencer.
Trans Computer Maschine is a semi-modular Vintage Lead Synthesizer + Pattern Sequencer. Modeled after two legendary mono synths and a custom analog sequencer from Germany.
3 Multi-Oscillators with Sawtooth, Triangle, Sawtooth-Triangle and variable Pulse shapes.
Color adjustable Noise Generator.
3 mode Ring Modulator.
Selectable 2/4-pole resonant LP Filter with auto-oscillation.
HP Filter with bus selection.
2 exponential Envelope Generators offering 3 operation modes.
Unique Sequencer features like ‘skip’ and ‘set’ can be played live from MIDI keyboard.
Inter-patch Sequencer pattern ‘Copy/Paste’ feature.
Fully MIDI controllable.
Fully VST automatable.
– Added ‘Drift’ control for subtle analogue detuning adjustment.
– Added ‘Noise Colour’ modulation from multiple sources.
– Added routing to use ‘S/H Mixer’ as OSC3 ‘Minimoog modulator’.
– Extended Envelopes ‘Attack’ range to 200µs.
– Fixed/added Oscillators self-modulation via ‘S/H Mixer’.
– Improved Amplifier featuring light distortion with clipping indicator.
– Remodelled Low Pass Filter feat. 3 modes with resonance ‘Bass Recover’.
– Remodelled Oscillators feat. accurate upper harmonics and isolated phase.
– Remodelled Ring Modulator featuring true Odyssey behaviour.
Introduction to AS-16 Analog Sequencer for Reason
- 16 CV channels with separate CV outputs
- Skip, Jump and Pad features for each channel
- Unipolar, Bipolar and Note output modes
- Common musical scales, with selectable root note via UI or MIDI
- Octave and range controls when in Note mode
- Normal, One Shot and Random modes
- Selectable slide
- Pattern reverse and bounce modes
- Synchronise with sequencer, external clock or free run
- Swing control
- Audio envelope and chopping facility
- CV add and multiply
- Chaining of devices for unlimited channels
Pricing and Availability:
Available in the Propellerhead shop.
Added a CD4022 based sequencer to a MS-20. Used the clock from the LFO to trigger the sequencer. Pretty basic for now
The Well-Sequenced Synthesizer is a series of sequencers that are designed to be physical interfaces to play with traditional music theory. The sequencers were created by Luisa Pereira, a research fellow at NYU?s Interactive Telecommunications Program. The Counterpointer, below, is a cross between an electronic arpeggiator and a baroque music rule book. It takes a melody input and responds with voices that follow the rules of counterpoint.
El Ordenador carves chaos into order by applying constraints to randomly generated chord progressions, inspired by the features of tonality described by Dmitri Tymoczko in A Geometry of Music
You might start by thinking of NOD-E as the sequencer that you get when the nodes in Spiral reach escape velocity and break out of orbit.
RN9090 is a 16 step TR style sequencer with 12 rows (looks like it can display 1 octave or 12 instruments) 12×16 matrix. made for the 909 clone DIY project (drums) hence the name.
A short demo of my Arduino based MIDI sequencer the RN-9090.