Curious about the new version of Sonar, then check this video out for a quick intro:
From getting great tone to releasing a final mix, today’s musicians must master every element of the music production process. SONAR X2 Producer is there every step of the way, and the revolutionary Skylight interface lets you move seamlessly among the elements, instantly going from recording to editing to mixing and back again.
Dial up the perfect synth sound with Rapture or a searing guitar tone with TH2 Producer. Record it, tighten it, chop it, and drop it in the Matrix for realtime triggering. Shape it with the ProChannel. Warm it with the Console Emulator. And do it all with a single Smart Tool.
welcome to my house/mobile studio! just giving her a test jam out! hope you enjoy! Everything played live and fully improvised, no sequencing or loops were used.
This video tutorial features creating a simple synth part in a synth called Magellan and using AudioCopy/Paste to import the resulting audio into Auria. Then the optional In-App Purchase, Fabfilter Micro, is used to create some filter sweeps.
The mobile DAW you’ve been dreaming of has finally arrived. Auria is a 48-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like AAF import/export, and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog (available via In-App purchase), Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
• 48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 supports only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party VST effect plugin support available via in-app purchase (only iOS-version plugins are supported. All plugins must be purchased through the in-app store)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• ReTune plugin included for auto pitch correction of vocals
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project with adjustable offset times and video export capability
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Adjustable pan laws
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
Vangelis Papathanassiou in a studio in Paris preparing material for his album “See You Later”. In this clip he is warming up (improvising?) and warming the singers and drummers who are assembling for the session. Clip 2 will be material from that recording session. More information about Videoheads’ activities and their collection available at http://videoheads.info
The I Dream of Wires crew checkod out Vince Clarke’s new Brooklyn studio in July 2012. Above: Vince Clarke and Jason Amm (Solvent) contemplate The Roland System 700…check out the huge sequencer!
Oberheim SEM wall, OB-1, Xpander, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 & more in the background.
Blip Interactive has released a Mac OS X version of its popular iOS virtual studio, NanoStudio.
NanoStudio, the award winning music production app for iOS, is now available on the Mac App Store! Transfer your NanoStudio projects between iOS, OS X and Windows to make music wherever and whenever it suits you. Made a banging tune on your computer and need to go out? Email it to your phone and just carry on where you left off! NanoStudio has virtual analogue synths, sample trigger pads, a comprehensive sequencer, a sample editor, a mixer and multiple effects all integrated into a single application. Record your ideas in real time, mix synth layers with samples, compose and arrange your tune using the powerful sequencer and bring the mix alive with effects such as reverb, compression and EQ. Transfer projects between your computer and your iOS device, or use NanoStudio’s comprehensive audio mixdown options and export features to get your ideas over to your favourite desktop DAW.
- NanoStudio has virtual analogue synths, sample trigger pads, a comprehensive sequencer, a sample editor, a mixer and multiple effects all integrated into a single application.
- Record your ideas in real time, mix synth layers with samples, compose and arrange your tune using the sequencer and bring the mix alive with effects such as reverb, compression and EQ.
- You can transfer projects between your OS X or Windows computer and your iOS device, or use NanoStudio’s audio mixdown options and export features to get your ideas over to your favourite desktop DAW.
- Eden synth (also plays samples) – single or dual keyboards, XY controllers, pitch bend and accelerometer control
- Sequencer with up to 64 tracks and a piano roll editor for note, velocity and controller events, all with undo/redo
- TRG-16 sample trigger pads
- Sampling and resampling, sample editor and effects processor with undo/redo
- Mixer with 4 inserts per channel, 2 global send busses and volume/pan automation on every channel
- Transfer samples, final mixes and individual track mixdowns to your Mac/PC using NanoSync or email
- MIDI input
- Built in help
It’s free - so check it out in the Mac App Store
MicroTrack dB is a music making app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Available now on the app store. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microtrack-db/id545192575?mt=8
Make music anywhere
Inspired by the classic instruments that defined electronic music and popular culture, this app puts music making in the palm of your hand. This portable, virtual studio offers high-quality audio output, intuitive sequencing, flexible drum programming and powerful synthesis, plus a range of effects and performance features. A user-friendly interface and online help enables beginners to start making music, while more advanced musicians will find a host of features to get their teeth in to. Get your creative juices flowing and produce tracks instantly. Realise your ideas, define your sound and create the music that you want to hear.
* Instruments — 1x drum machine, 2x bass synthesisers.
* Sequencing — on board pattern sequencers and performance sequencer.
* Component modelling — analogue filters and envelopes.
* Effects — delay, overdrive.
* 44.1kHz 32-bit signal path (output is 16-bit).
* Square and saw tooth oscillator waveforms.
* Wave shaping features.
* 24dB low pass resonant filter.
* Multistage filter envelope.
* Note accent features.
* 8 drum voices.
* 2 selectable samples for each drum voice.
* 8 voice polyphony.
* Adjust volume, start time, attack, decay, accent and FX send.
* Note accent features.
* Pattern sequencer designed for performance.
* 9 banks of 4 patterns per instrument.
* Song and edit modes.
* Cut/copy/paste/clear patterns.
* Delay and overdrive effects.
* Mix track volume and output volume.
* Tempo controls.
* Volume maximiser.
* Load and save tracks.
* Online help.
Taking you on a synth by synth tour of his studio, Jody shows off all the great gear he’s collected over the years.
Example of using. Music Riff Studio for Android
Compose music everywhere! Drum machine, step sequencer, loop editor, wavetable synthesizer. Guitar distortion, mute strings distortion, bass, drums and so on. You can save and load your loops without restriction. You can exchange loops with others (send via email or Evernote). All in one. The best solution for mobile rhytm section. Created by music composer for music composers. Use earphones for better sound.
Wavemachine Labs has announced that it has submitted Auria, a new 48-track recorder for the iPad, to Apple for approval.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/44.1 kHz (higher sample rates possible!) tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through any supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitracking.
What’s more, Auria’s 64-bit Double Precision architecture ensures ample headroom for plug-in processing and mix summing, transforming your iPad into a recording and mixing system with sound quality that rivals most DAWs.
The depth is in the details. Like customizable pan laws. Like meters that are selectable between peak and RMS. Like full delay compensation for all tracks, including aux sends and sub-groups. Complete with a vintage-inspired channel strip on every channel, a dedicated master channel strip, VST effects engineered by renowned makers such as PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog, and support for Dropbox, Soundcloud, AAF, and MP3, Auria truly raises the bar for recording and mixing on the iPad.
The introductory price for Auria will be $49.99.