Boog Minotaur Analog Modeling Bass Synthesizer VSTi
Made by SynthEdit
Free!! (Donation ware)
VSTi plugin compatible MAC and WINDOWS, its architecture combines a sampler and an innovative and powerful tool allows you to create easily and intuitively grooves and drums loops.
• Sequencer / sampler designed to generate percussion.
• Innovative tool for randomization.
• Ability to create loops that can be used by loops sequencer softwares.
• Drag & Drop patterns.
• 8 channels. Comes with 2 VST, one with 8 independent outputs.
• 16 patterns of 64 steps per channel.
• Equalizer, insertions and effects sends.
• Comes with Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Filter, Flanger, Limiter, Reverb and Overdrive.
easy-protege is an emulation of the 1976 Analog Synthesizer called Moog Prodigy. It utilizes the same Sound-Engine as the easytoolz easy-muug XT.
- 2 Oscillators with 3 Waveforms (Saw, Triangle and Square).
- Tuning over 3 Octaves (32′- 16′- 8′ in Osc 1 and 16′- 8′- 4′ Osc 2) –
- Finetune Osc 2 – and Interval (+- 12 Notes) on Osc 2.
- Mixer section (Osc 1+2).
- Special Low-Pass-Filter with Cutoff, Emphasis and ADS Envelope.
- 2 ADS Envelopes with Release-button (1 for Filter – 1 for VCA-Amplifier).
- Additional to the Original-Features: Host-sync LFO (5 waves) with several targets.
- Velocity – Reverb – Delay with Pan-LFO – Soft Overdrive and Analog-Drift.
- 100 Patches (mostly from Kujashi aka Schiffbauer).
- MIDI Learn – 6 voices polyphony.
Alright, got a quick demo of the Minimogue free vst synth, one of the best as far as emulating the original Moog synthesizer.
“Let me know if you have any questions or would like to see more demos, thanks and enjoy!!”
Based on the most popular analog monosynth of all time! This amazing softsynth sounds very close to the original Minimoog, yet has tons of additional features not present on the original Mini (as well as the Minimoog Voyager!), including 5-note polyphony, an Arpeggiator and 16-note Step Sequencer, dedicated Release knobs for the two Contour Generators (envelopes), Tuning of Osc 1, Fine Tuning sliders for Osc2 and Osc3, Aftertouch control, adjustable filter Velocity curve, 3 independent Overdrive sliders (one per oscillator), Global Overdrive with hi and lowpass cutoff, Oscillator Sync, Chorus, an independent LFO that includes oscillator drift and stereo panning, and a fully programmable Digital Delay! Like the original Mini, you can turn Osc3 into an LFO with dedicated modulation for the Osc Pitch and the Filter. There is no dedicated Noise Generator as on the original Mini, but pink and white noise are selectable on Osc 3. All controls are mapped to MIDI CC#’s, and you can override the default settings by using the MIDI Learn feature. Use as a simple stand-alone synth (.exe file included), or copy the DLL into your favorite DAW or sequencer’s plugin folder.
By the way you can also find an emulation of the ARP 2600 on the same page:
Based on ARP’s legendary semi-modular analog monosynth! This amazing softsynth sounds very close to the original ARP 2600. Like the original, it’s a monosynth (no polyphony). But, also like the original, it has a multitude of Frequency Modulation options which enable it to create some truly awesome sound effects. PWM, Sample & Hold, virtual Spring Reverb, Ring Modulation, and a dedicated Noise Generator are all there! Also, there are some things even the original Arp 2600 didn’t have, like Oscillator Sync and Filter Color (to adjust between LowPass and HiPass filter types). Most important of all, beginning with version 2.0 the Arppe2600va is now completely patchable via a cleverly designed Mod Matrix! You can have up to 12 patch routings with a very user-friendly (and visible!) drop-down menu interface, instead of messy virtual patch cables cluttering up the screen. All controls are mapped to MIDI CC#’s, and you can override the default settings by using the MIDI Learn feature. Use as a simple stand-alone synth (.exe file included), or copy the DLL into your favorite DAW or sequencer’s plugin folder.
The Lower Rhythm says that Earthwormis a bass synthesizer with all of the grease, fatness and power expected of an analog-style machine. It features include two oscillators (five waveforms each), an extra fat LP filter and variable ‘tone,’ ‘tube’ drive and bit crushing.
Although the user interface looks pretty basic/poor to me, it might provide the power you need to add that extra fatness to your sound
“When the soft sounds of other bass synths just aren’t cutting it for your IDM, glitch, industrial, etc… Earthworm will provide the monophonic balls required right out of the box.”
- Monophonic design
- Two oscillators with five waveforms each
- Extra Fat LP filter
- Variable ‘Tone,’ tube drive and bit crushing
Pricing and Availability:
CWI has released version 1.0 of the free TX16Wx VSTi sampler for Windows.
TX16Wx is a 100% free VSTi Sampler with professional features and an easy to use graphical interface – and – one of the few sampler instruments, free or commercial, with a fully documented file format. Not a preset-player or disk-streaming library engine, this is a plug-in for you to make your own sounds, tweak and experiment.
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation.
- 128 voice polyphony.
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice.
- 24dB resonant filter.
- Two syncable LFO + Two modulation envelopes per voice.
- Polyphonic glide.
- Built-in sample editor.
- Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping.
- Actually Samples! Record waves straight into the sampler.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor.
- Automatic sample layout.
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks.
- Automatic pitch detection.
- Loop crossfading.
- 4 Stereo + 8 Mono outputs.
- 16 mappable controllers for automation.
- 48 mappable VST parameters for automation.
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation.
- Multiple loop definitions per wave.
- Individual outs for keyboard groups (drums).
- Multiple keyboard scales.
- Multiple trigger modes.
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation.
- 8 choke groups per program.
- Preview loaded programs and samples in a song before loading.
- Quick select of sound data via MIDI.
- WAV/AIFF/AIFC/SoundFont 2 support.
- Reads Typhoon compressed AIF files.
- Reads Original Yamaha OS Wave files.
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format. Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory.
- Low CPU usage.
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- 64-bit support.
Visit: CWI Technology
Architecturally speaking, Surge is a rather complex synthesizer. But because of how it’s put together it’s still easy to learn. Surge is an instrument capable of generating truly beautiful sequences of numbers. Synthesizing a kick drum with Surge VSTi, using the FM2 module. The principles are applicable to any decent synthesizer. The Kick is basically a sine wave pith through a short, steep pitch envelope. Some frequency modulation (FM) is added to emphasise the attack. An LFO is applied to pitch to give a little wobble. Using these parameters it’s possible to get a wide variety of tight, punchy electronic kicks. Why waste time browsing samples? Make your own! Sampled using FL Studio’s Edison and dropped into Nerve.
- Synthesis method: Subtractive hybrid
- Each patch contain two ‘scenes’ which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used for layering or split patches.
- Quick category-based patch-browser
- Future proof, comes as both a 32 & 64-bit VST plugin (Windows PC)
- Universal Binary for both VST and AU (Mac)
- 1010 patches
- 183 wavetables
- 3 oscillators/voice
- 8 versatile oscillator algorithms: Classic, Sine, Wavetable, Window, FM2, FM3, S/H Noise and Audio-input
- The classic oscillator is a morphable pulse/saw/dualsaw oscillator with a sub-oscillator and self-sync.
- The FM2/FM3 oscillators consists of a 1 carrier with 2/3 modulators and various options.
- Most algorithms (except FM2, FM3, Sine and Audio-input) offer up to 16-voice unison at the oscillator level.
- Oscillator FM/ringmodulation
- Most oscillator algorithms (except FM2/FM3) are strictly band-limited yet still cover the entire audible spectrum, delivering a clear punchy yet clean sound.
- Noise generator with variable spectrum.
- Two filter-units with arrangeable in 8 different configurations
- Feedback loop (number of variations inside the parenthesis)
- Available filter-algorithms: LP12 (3), LP24 (3), LP24L (1-4 poles), HP12 (3), HP24 (3), BP (4), Notch (2), Comb (4), S&H
- Filters can self-oscillate (with excitation) and respond amazingly fast to cutoff frequency changes.
- Waveshaper (5 shapes)
- 12 LFO-units available to each voice (6 are running on each voice and 6 are shared for the scene)
- DAHDSR envelope generators on every LFO-unit
- 7 deformable LFO-waveforms + 1 drawable/stepsequencer waveform
- LFO1 allows envelope retriggering when used as stepsequencer
- Extremely fast and flexible modulation routing. Almost every continuous parameter can be modulated.
- 8 effect units arranged as 2 inserts/scene, 2 sends and 2 master effects
- 10 top-quality algorithms: Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, Distortion, Conditioner (EQ, stereo-image control & limiter), Rotary speaker, Frequency shifter, Vocoder
Simple Media announced their new website update. to coincide with the update they’re releasing two new free VSTi instruments, Striker and Voc-Two, and two new products retro-gsx and Cathedral.
The instruments and effects that appear on this page have been created using Synthedit. Synthedit is a tremendously powerful tool for creating software synthesizers, samplers and effects. The quality of software it can be used to create can rival software produced by high profile commercial developers. The package itself is very versatile, capable of recreating a number of different synthesis techniques from simple sample playback and analog modelling right through to FM and physical modelling.
Please note all instruments and effects are currently PC(Windows) only. This is due to the fact that Synthedit currently only exports VST dll files for Windows.
The two free VSti’s Striker is a physical modelling instrument created to reproduce the sounds of various types of tuned percussion such as marimbas, vibraphones and other instruments where a hammer or mallet strikes a block where as Voc-Two allows you to create realistic string ensemble and choir sounds without the use of samples. It includes a wide range of controls over the source sound generation and the morphable formant filter making it a surprisingly flexible instrument for creating rich and atmospheric pads and realistic ensemble sounds. The two new products are retro-gsx is a new addtion to the SID inspired synths retro-gs01 & retro-gs02 where as Cathedral is being hailed as a new approach to a pipe organ. All instruments are available at http://www.simple-media.co.u…
discoDSP has announced the release of Discovery Pro R5.5 , a virtual analog sysnthesizer instrument for Mac and Windows. Discovery Pro is a 12 oscillators 32/64 bit Virtual Analog VSTi, Audio Units and RTAS Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADsynth resynthesis, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. It also Imports and Exports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data
discoDSP has announced the release of Discovery Pro R5.5, a virtual analog sysnthesizer instrument for Mac and Windows.
Discovery Pro is a 12 oscillators 32/64 bit Virtual Analog VSTi, Audio Units and RTAS Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADsynth resynthesis, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. It also Imports and Exports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data.
Changes in Discovery Pro R5.5
- Better FXP preset export compatibility.
- Renaming a preset shows the original name instead blank.
- Overwrite warning when a bank file already exist.
- File dialog boxes now remember last opened locations.
- Banks located at Data folder refresh automaticly.
- Small EDIT menu finetune.
- Manual revision.
Discovery Pro R5.5 is available to purchase for 149 EUR incl. VAT. The update is free for current Discovery Pro R5 users. Updates from R4 or previous versions cost 29 EUR.
VSTi Soft Synth For Electro House Basslines, Fidget blips and 8bit arcade style effects, with its 4 oscillators, 4 filter types and several effects its a quick and simple way to get that very large bass sound which dominates in electro, with 128 ready made presets you wont be short of inspiration.
ProTon is a subtractive / Phase Modulation Soft-Synth with 4 oscillators, 2 of which can be used as PM for tonal like sounds. ProTon is aimed for making pure raw Bass sounds along with interesting 8 bit arcade type effects and sequences, this is helped along by 4 step sequencers, Modulation, Filter, Pitch and Amp. ProTon has five main effects, Pitch, Distortion, Chorus/Phaser, sample and hold and decimation along with an in-built EQ and 4 different filter types.
Pentium III 800 MHz
512 MB RAM
32 Bit / Windows XP/Vista/windows 7
VST 2.0 compliant host
ProTon is available now for purchase as well as a demo version at http://www.cubic-audio.info/…